Timescale is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help us take our category-defining time-series database and other new products to market. A Product Marketing Manager defines the story behind a product, helping us crisply define the audience for our product, craft the proper positioning and messaging for the product to meet the audience’s needs, and drive the launch and continued success of the product in-market.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Timescale, partnering across Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and the rest of the marketing team. Product Marketing works across the entire product lifecycle, helping shape the scope and features of the product, driving launch and go-to-market strategy/execution, and working with our Growth and Developer Advocacy teams to grow adoption post-launch. At Timescale, it is particularly important for Product Marketing to have a deep understanding of both the developer and open source market. Our strategic and tactical decisions emanate from our love of developers and respect for the transformative effect of open source on our entire industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage company with a clear set of products on the horizon. We need you to help us talk about it the right way, land it with our customer base, and iterate on future versions. If you have experience launching products at a startup and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
- Craft the story and message for our products and future products
- Use data (including social media experiments, user research, market insights, and product understanding) to hone messaging, identify the best go-to-market strategies, and segment the market most effectively
- Organize and write our sales enablement materials and roll it out to our sales team
- Talk regularly to users and prospects, building listening mechanisms for both yourself, the broader marketing team, and the entire company
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Regularly and proactively synthesize and share information about our market, customers, and product assets and liabilities to the broader company.
Experience and Skills:
- You are a gifted storyteller who combines your deep empathy for developers with extensive industry knowledge to weave together the many disparate features and products we offer into a cohesive narrative.
- You have significant experience championing, contributing, and/or shepherding open source projects and have respect for and within open source communities.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to do the heavy lifting required to setup a great Product Marketing discipline at Timescale.
- Previous experience as a Product Marketing Manager in a startup environment, preferably working with developers and/or databases
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills. You can work across the team, across roles, and synthesize viewpoints and reach consensus.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make developers successful.
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
- Works well independently and remotely.
Time Series data is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it.
Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include complex monitoring systems, IoT, industrial machine data analysis, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on-premise, and cloud deployments.
The team is entirely remote and is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.