Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Foundry, Time Inc’s creative and content studio, is one of the company’s fastest growing areas. Today consumers are in complete control. They decide when, where and what they want to engage in. Storytelling and content align with consumer interests and passions and have higher engagement. In 2018, we’re doubling down on what makes us unique and successful storytellers in this space: Science—data and insights at each step of the RFP process; Art–the best ideation and creative engine in the business; and Service—outstanding client service that makes you want to work with the Foundry again and again.
We’re hiring our first Vice President, Science. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a strong understanding of the evolving digital advertising landscape to leverage Time Inc. content and data capabilities when delivering multi-platform advertising insights.
This role requires a sharp, analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will work on a fast-paced, dynamic team that is willing to go the extra mile to deliver insights, points-of-view and ideas – not just data. That means we need someone to be both quantitative, creative, and a strong leader.
To be successful in the role, you will provide thought leadership on how to best align the client’s marketing objectives, the consumer aspirations and Time Inc. audiences and creative capability. You will ensure that consumer knowledge and Time Inc. audience data is well integrated into the insight-driven content marketing solutions we develop for the company’s largest clients.
You will need to recruit a strong team and manage them to high performance.
This role is in part client-facing. You will represent the pillar of “Science” in the foundry strategic positioning.
- Build an entire team to support this new function
- Will provide deep data and insights at every step of the RFP process to have a strong impact on win rate performance of the Foundry and its content and creative programs
- Collaborate with a range of teams to develop smart, strategic insights to inform our ideas and measure their effectiveness and future opportunities for engagement.
- Identify and understand category/clients’ priorities, concerns, challenges and business practices.
- Surface powerful and insightful stories, delivered as an insights-based narrative to move top clients (and industries) to action.
- Lead development of both industry-specific and general market analyses to deliver insights regarding consumer, market and competitive trends, and other data-driven analyses.
- Educate internal sales and marketing colleagues on the trends and insights that are impacting the category as well as the consumer, and its implications for Time Inc.
- Develop smart, integrated, research-based proposals and presentations to enhance Time Inc.'s reputation with client(s) as a consultant and partner.
- Attend client briefings to share insights and help pitch ideas and solutions.
- Proven: You have a Bachelor’s degree and come to the table with at least 10 years of media and management experience (a mix of agency and client experience preferred) including traditional, digital and mobile media. You have hands-on experience working with various consumer insight quantitative and qualitative data sources. When we invite you for an interview, we’ll feel your passion for the media industry and understanding consumer behavior through the conversation we have with you, the content you consume and the industry events you’re a part of.
- A Strategic Leader: You’re a decisive leader with a strong attention to the details that build a larger vision. You keep teams motivated and projects on deadline with your delegation, follow-through and obsession with meeting deadlines in a revenue-focused, quality-centric environment.
- Communicative: Peers, bosses and direct reports flock to you for your crystal clear approach to communication – whether you’re leading a major presentation, on a client call or drafting a simple email. You have candor and grace under pressure and a contagious energy that’s felt by anyone you work with.
- Life-long learner: You’re collaborative at your core – curious, self-driven and creative. You’re obsessed with learning new skills and are constantly checking out new platforms, media and tech to support your end goal: building a meaningful, insights-focused narrative for your client. You’re excited by the uncharted course and have a strong desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment where you’re directly contributing to the vision.