Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Position: Software Developer II
Location: New York, NY
Time Inc. is seeking a strong Software Engineer II to join its ranks and help transform how we create and tell stories across our over 25 iconic brands, including People, Time, and Sports Illustrated.
As a full-stack engineer on the Time Inc. News group team, you will be asked to engineer fluid experiences and build high-performance APIs, as you take on different aspects of our tech stack. You'll work closely with stakeholders in editorial, business, and product development to understand requirements, build prototypes, and deliver world-class products and features.
Time Inc is a Top 10 digital media company in the US and our tech stack is powered by a wide array of technologies including NodeJS, PHP, React, and the AWS Cloud.
You should have:
* 4+ years of software engineering experience
* 3+ years of CSS experience, CSS3 and SASS
* 2+ years of mobile-first, responsive website development
* 2+ years of experience with Node/Express
* 2+ years of experience with a modern front-end framework ( React, Angular, … ) using a modern web development stack ( Webpack, Gulp )
* Working experience with SQL Databases ( MySQL, PostgreSQL )
* Experience using Git or another DVCS
* Strong debugging skills
Bonus points for:
* Experience with 2 other programming languages
* The ability to design and consume RESTful APIs
* Having worked in a TDD environment
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results on a high-performance web site
* Having worked in a publishing firm or other content-centric company.
* A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle: engineering standards, code reviews, manual and automated testing
Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive on building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it. You’re energized by working in the unique, start-up atmosphere of the new Time Inc. International - a dynamic new digitally-led company-within-a-company.
Organized: You live by prioritization and organization. You’re a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge…especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair also make you an invaluable asset to any team.
A Communicator: Whether written or oral, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Your interactions with clients and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic and exciting entrepreneurial environment.
A Problem-solver: You’re a results-oriented multi-tasker who runs to – not from – a challenge. You’re able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and think independently. You are personally committed to completing a project with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through. You see to it that all assignments are completed correctly while upholding department and company standards.
Creative: You think about the problem as much as you work on the solution. You know when to build and when to borrow. You see constraints as challenges as you work to fit square pegs inside round holes, and without shaving corners…