Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
Overview of role:
Part of Time Inc UK, Marketforce is a leading sales, marketing and distribution company and ensures Britain’s biggest and best publications get to market.
The Assistant Management Accountant role is responsible for ensuring the accurate monthly calculation and reporting of the sales margin for third party publishers.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
- Calculation of monthly sales margin figures for third party publishers.
- Review wholesale yields, magazine cover prices and remit rates to ensure correct sales margin is calculated.
- Review the returns and claims data to ensure the monthly net sales are accurate.
- Review the retentions amounts for each publisher and title.
- Reconcile the remit amounts posted by the AP team to the amounts recorded in the publisher statements.
- Consolidate all data into the monthly provision file and validate variances to forecast.
- Use provision file data to prepare month end journals for posting.
- Work with the Marketforce finance team to ensure publisher statements are accurate.
- Work with internal systems teams to ensure data and reports are accurate and fit for purpose.
- Work with internal systems team to ensure data across systems is consistent and reliable.
- Ensure new publishers are correctly set up and entered into the Peoplesoft system by liaising with US IT team.
- Ad hoc analysis and project work may need to be completed to meet business needs.
- Calculation of monthly sales margin for third party publishers.
- Assist in preparation of annual sales margin budgets and forecasts.
- Advanced Excel skills to interrogate and manage large volumes of data.
- Proactive and investigative attitude.
- Ability to work with non-finance teams and partner with the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience in a recognised accounting package (business currently uses PeopleSoft and TM1)