ABOUT TIME INC.
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Reporting to the Brand Sales Manger, the Account Director will be a part of a collaborative, fast-paced team relentlessly focused on revenue growth for People En Español. This is a key role for a dynamic and accomplished integrated sales executive who will be responsible for achieving advertising revenue goals across omnichannel media assets including digital, print, mobile, social, video, data and live events. The Account Director should possess an entrepreneurial approach to manage their assigned account list with integrity and cross-department integration. This role requires an understanding of the audience People En Español reaches and their impact on our advertisers. Two exciting new platforms People En Español have disrupted the marketplace with:
Time Inc Latino: Our new Hispanic audience solution, which allows you to reach over 18 million monthly Hispanic unique across Time Inc properties, which represent:
- Nearly half of all Hispanic mobile users
- 2 in 3 Hispanic Women
- 7 in 10 Hispanic Millennial
People Chica Targeted to the Millennial/Gen Z bilingual Latinas, People Chica will live on People.com but will be powered by the editorial voice of People en Español. People Chica helps bridge the gap for Latinas who feel they live in two worlds both in language and culture.
- Own digital, print and live events revenue goals and provide on-going revenue pipeline and forecasting updates to leadership.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table pertaining to how to package and sell company-wide Hispanic audience across: print, digital, mobile, video, programmatic and live events.
- Bring new digital solutions to market. Use key data and insights to drive multifaceted programs for advertisers. Work directly with internal teams on building sophisticated digital plans.
- Conceive, develop and act as the lead salesperson on integrated marketing ideas and opportunities.
- Offer client solutions, not products, and effectively present our full array of solutions to clients.
- Know when/how to leverage senior management to extend client relationships, negotiate larger deals, and solve complex business challenges / work with agencies and clients to negotiate annual revenue commitments and contracts across the organization.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Solutions team, which includes sales development, sales planning and account management.
- Have experience coordinating integrated programs and have the ability to work collaboratively across the organization. Understand the process and complexities within a multimedia company and have the ability to negotiate and manage buys that come in at the corporate level, as well as the need to coordinate and collaborate efforts among the brand sellers within Time Inc.
- Monitor progress of sold advertising / marketing programs to ensure delivery and client satisfaction.
- Stay apprised of developments in the advertising marketplace, including new ad units, technologies and competitive developments. Be capable of positioning Time Inc. among a broad competitive set.
- Analyze fluency, interpret and deliver media metric information to clients and evaluate contracts and buys based on this information.
- Build and manage client and agency relationships for sales of digital and print advertising for Time Inc. and work with agencies and clients to negotiate annual revenue commitments and contracts across the organization.
- Digital: A good deal of your experience is in digital ad sales and preferably selling audiences. You have a keen interest in the digital advertising marketplace – including new ad units, technologies, competitive developments and expertise in the market – representing a boundless curiosity in the future of media.
- Polished: You’re a deal maker. Clients know you for your presence. You bring energy and enthusiasm to anything you do. You’re an eloquent speaker and an even better listener with the uncanny ability to hear what’s said – and take it one step further to understand deep-seated needs.
- Solution-Oriented: You don’t see obstacles. You see opportunities. You thrive in an environment that emphasizes teamwork through development and cooperative relationships, exchanging ideas, and a willingness to resolve all conflicts with quick communication.
- Strategic thinker: You can think creatively about new ways to confront challenging, complex projects and have the strong interpersonal skills to get others excited by your ideas. You’re confident in your ability to provide strategic and creative direction. Multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment come naturally to you.
- Communicative: Peers, bosses and teams flock to you for your dynamism and clarity. Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re delivering a presentation to shape the strategic direction of a media plan or sending a simple email. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as is the ability to work with numbers and contracts based on up front revenue commitments. You are able to develop and present unique and valuable sales and marketing platforms to advertisers.
- Experienced: A Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of integrated advertising sales experience or a strong background in Account Management or Client Service at a Marketer or Agency are strongly recommended. Strong and dynamic presentation and communication skills are key. You have a proven track record of success in leading the development and sale of large scale, multi-brand integrated programs. Over time, you’ve developed high level contacts at client, agency and activation partners. Experience with beauty, luxury, and fashion brands is a plus. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus. Moderate travel is a job component.