The Consumer Marketing department is responsible for the circulation and profitability of TIME and FORTUNE Magazines in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
The core accountabilities of the Consumer Marketing team are to sell and renew subscriptions in the most cost effective way and to ensure a high quality customer service provision.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Email and CRM Marketing Manager with 4 to 5 years + experience. Working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager and New Business marketing team, the CRM/Email marketing manager will design, build, execute and analyse first class campaigns that deliver a best in class retention experience for our subscribers along with driving subscribers to upgrade their accounts and ensure customer loyalty going forward. The role also contains an element of generalist marketing within the retention team, so a great opportunity to learn other channels and apply your skillset to a wide range of areas.
- Develop annual plan for email activity throughout the year in order to meet profitability targets and upgrade objectives
- Customer facing emails including reactivations and upgrade messages
- Development of automated emails as part of segmented CRM to drive retention (welcome series, cancellation reactivation)
- Plan and implement an email strategy to maximise volume and revenue from gift subscriptions and cross-sell opportunities between titles
- Implement and maintain email retention strategy for teachers enrolled in the Time Education program in order to maintain volume and revenue of profitable student subscriptions
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager in preparing a detailed annual forecast for email and renewals activity, including expected renewal rates and costs, and in monitoring performance against budget throughout the year.
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager in the implementation of renewal campaigns, including briefing creative re-designs to renewal letters and providing detailed specifications to our fulfilment bureau.
- Manage the renewals stationery stock and our inventory of subscriber incentive gifts, monitoring weekly usage and placing re-orders.
Skills and Experience
- Strong skills in the technical elements of email marketing.
- Performance copywriting - Subject Lines, Pretexts, Straplines, and Calls to Action that drive engagement and action over email and through marketing flyers and direct mail letters.
- Solid experience of data mining and customer segmentation.
- Good knowledge of Excel and web analytics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Analytical with a commercial outlook and creative appreciation.
- The ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of HTML an advantage but not required.
- Relevant marketing and analysis experience with an emphasis on customer segmentation in a test and results analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey marketing plans and results to all levels of the organisation.
- Experience using a major email service provider