Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The main objective of a DBA Manager is providing technical leadership and leading efforts to research, analyze, and recommend patches, upgrades, and new technologies surrounding all Database product (viz MySQL, Ms-SQL, Oracle, Sybase)
Candidate’s responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Leading a Team of DBA’s , Providing database administration, production support on MySQL , MS-SQL , Oracle, Mongo Databases
- Work with various requirements and understand their requirements for Delivery of Product.
- Regular interaction with Key stakeholders at Time Inc
- Allocation of DBA Workload
- Build and mentor team members.
- Fine tuning of databases, systems, configuration and related components. Set-up and maintain documentation and standards.
- Proactive management of production support issues, including liaison with business users, system users.
- Capacity planning that will help the future growth of the systems.
- Interact with global support teams - Extended IT and Global Team
- Ensure proper communication and coordination within project team and to key stakeholders
- Provides the team with a clear objectives
- Maintain operational stability
- Develop and Review Team members.
- Work as part of Global DBA team and participate in Global DBA meetings.
- Ideal candidate should be a Graduate, with 10+ yrs of experience as a DBA / System Admin in a leading IT Company.
- Candidate should have experience on MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL and other Database products. In-depth knowledge on the Administration of Database Products
- Should have good knowledge of performance tuning, database architecture(s) Knowledge of best practices and standards in database management
- Should be self-starter.
- Prior experience in managing a Team and hands on as a DBA is essential.
- Ideal candidate should have attitude and ability to collaborate with geographically separate products and IT Team.
- Candidate should have strong track record of achieving results.
Candidate must have:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Confidence to liaise with business users and senior Management
- Strong commercial and business awareness.
- Strong personal ownership of assignments.
- Ability to resolve conflict and complexity in problem resolution.