About the company
Time Inc.UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
The company has driven extensive change programmes across all parts of the business for several years and will continue to do so to ensure we have the right products, structures and people to meet the changing demands of the consumer media industry. Our radical and often industry first approach means we are now the only established major publishing house with consecutive years of revenue and profit growth.
About the team
The team of three HR Business Partners work with specialist colleagues in L&D, OD, Reward and Resourcing to define and implement the people strategy for Time Inc UK. The team is close knit and high performing with a passion for well managed, people focused change.
About the role
Covering maternity leave for a initial 6 month period, you will partner with Executive Board members to define and execute the people agenda for 2018. As ever, this is likely to involve widespread structural change programmes and OD interventions. This means the role is both strategic and operational.
- Lead all people elements of change programmes for your client groups
- Provide strategic, operational and best practice advice on a range of business/HR issues and ensure a positive employee relations climate is maintained.
- Work with the HR senior manager group to develop HR strategies for the business and internal client groups
- Advise Group MD's and their managers on all aspects of organisational design and change management, including new ways of working and process improvements
- Advise Group MD's and their managers on the development of an appropriate talent management strategy,
- Work with colleagues in the L&D, Resourcing and Reward teams when specific expertise and assistance is required.
- Support managers in improving the level of productivity, effectiveness, morale and team spirit among employees
- Manage all collective and individual consultation processes to ensure that managers are coached and supported in managing the processes fairly and appropriately.
- Experienced senior HR practitioner with good generalist commercial HR experience.
- Extensive experience of managing change programmes
- Good business acumen and ability to provide HR services and advice in a commercially sensitive and appropriate way.
- Strong intellectual capacity and ability to analyse, understand and advise on complex HR issues from a commercial perspective and with cultural sensitivity
- Detailed understanding of legislative and best practice requirements.
- Effective change agent, able to be proactive, lead by example and support the implementation of change across the business.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, able to inspire confidence in Group MD's and divisional board members, and key stakeholders including the Staff Council.
- The ability to attend, present and contribute at divisional board meetings on a range of people and business related issues
- A completer/finisher, able to get things done and be proactive and responsive.
- Detailed understanding of UK employment law and European law insofar as it impacts on UK law and practice, and the ability to provide persuasive verbal and written advice to this effect clearly and succinctly.
- Experience of drafting policies, reports, presentations and other written materials as required, in a clear and persuasive way.
- Ability (and/or previous experience) to manage, develop and support other team members as required, setting goals and objectives to ensure all work is completed to deadline.