Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Consumer Insights (CI) is part of Time Inc. India’s Research and Analytics Centre of Excellence supporting the NY Consumer Insights team with the implementation and execution of primary and secondary market research projects. These include feedback researches, cover testing, concept testing, brand tracking, customer satisfaction, advertising effectiveness and other ad hoc studies. In addition to the research team, the India based CI team also comprises a panel team that manages 13 reader panels spanning more than 100,000+ panelists.
Position: We are looking to hire a Manager, whose primary function would be to support the Research Director in reviewing and top editing the team’s deliverables. In addition s/he will also be required to manage research projects and the day to day activities of the 12 member research team whenever required. This position will report into the India Director for Consumer Insights – Research but will also be required to work closely with members of the New York Consumer Insights team while initiating, monitoring, executing and delivering research projects.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
- The role requires someone who is comfortable donning multiple hats:
- Work as an individual contributor to review and top edit the team’s deliverable to advance the CI team’s mission of delivering high quality, well written reports with insightful analysis that can critically influence decision making.
- Provide support and thought leadership to the team on technically complex sampling and research techniques as well as on advanced data analysis.
- Independently manage primary research projects including research design, survey development (which typically includes use of self-service tools), fieldwork, data collection, analysis plans, data analysis, report/presentation and follow-up questions or information requests.
- Whenever required, provide team management support to the CI team lead on activities including hiring, work management, mentoring and/or up-skilling the team.
- The ideal candidate would be an experienced market researcher with 8+ years of core MR experience (ideally with one of the leading MR agencies). Of that, at least the last 3 years must have been in a team management role with responsibility for reviewing research projects and deliverable. Exceptional communication and writing skills in English as well as attention to detail are paramount for this role.
- MBA from a premier institute
- Proven ability to handle research projects from conception, full execution, analysis, presentation and follow-up
- Excellent conceptual thinking and ideation skills; ability to effectively visualize or present large amounts of data in a clear concise manner for reporting to C-suite executives
- Strong understanding of the US market/ exposure to American pop culture and advertising trends/ has studied or worked in the US
- Prior experience working on MR assignments for US based clients would be a strong plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while handling multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Statistical skills; proficiency in SPSS and/or R (good to have)