Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, DECANTER, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
Decanter magazine is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, creative designer/picture researcher to work within a small team. Reporting to the Art Editor, the successful candidate must have at least 3 years of design experience plus an interest for fine wine.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To share design responsibilities with the Art Editor for the magazine and supplements.
- Ensure all layouts are in the correct style and consistent, both visually and typographically, to deliver the right pace, visual hierarchy and continuity throughout each issue.
- Excellent creativity in graphic design and typography.
- Ability to work with own initiative and as part of a team.
- To be able to share opinions and contribute effectively in creative briefings and meetings.
- To design advertorials and sponsored guides.
- Create weekly infographics for the website.
- To assist the art editor with picture research, ensuring that images are of the highest quality and print-ready.
- Ensure credit and caption information for the images are in place for the editorial team.
- To source images from wine producers from around the world.
- To source bottles cover photo shoots from wine merchants.
- Commission and brief photographers and illustrators for articles.
- Monitor other wine and food press, books and magazines for potential new contributors and sources.
Skills & Attributes
- Highly creative individual with the drive and enthusiasm to improve and develop existing designs.
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign. PhotoShop & Illustrator.
- Artworking/retouching skills in PhotoShop for photo composites
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to communicate with wine producers from around the world
- Excellent time management skills.
- Basic understanding of digital design is useful, but not essential.
- 3 years design experience in magazines.
- Degree in Graphic Design or similar.
- An up to date Portfolio