Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media platforms and extensions, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, international markets, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Twice named to the list of the top 25 “Best Medium Sized Companies to Work for in America.”, Synapse Group, Inc., based in Stamford Connecticut, is a cross-channel affinity marketing company and the largest marketer of magazines in the United States. Synapse develops self-funded marketing programs that help some of the world’s largest consumer companies build brand loyalty, acquire new customers, and increase revenue. With access to over 700 consumer products, our seamless programs optimize customer touch-points across online, retail, phone, and print. Synapse provides the best of both worlds: the power of our parent company, Time Inc. (creator of brands like PEOPLE, In Style, and Sports Illustrated), along with the benefits of a small company where you’ll work with smart, driven, and fun people.
The primary responsibility of the Customer Care Coordinator is to ensure that our customer care service providers meet or exceed all of our contractual obligations. This position interfaces with many aspects of the business by communicating the latest information on trends that may affect internal operations or performance of our clients.
- Ensure that key performance indicators such as response time in handling contacts and quality metrics are met across vendors
- Be a key communication point between vendor and Customer Care team. Establishing a strong relationship with vendors is a must.
- Balance customer service work load across vendors to optimize customer experience and meet vendor expectations
- Identify knowledge gaps at vendors and work with the Customer Care Training team andvendor personnel to close the gaps.
- Work with Synapse forecasting team and vendor workforce management to ensure that vendor staffing levels are at the appropriate level
- Ensure that all customers have a positive experience in every contact with our Customer Care Team whether by phone, email or letter by monitoring vendor performance and taking the appropriate action to correct any identified issues
- Proactively seek innovative ways to enhance customer satisfaction and improve operating efficiencies
- Contribute in raising customer service issues and trends to relevant functional teams across Synapse and participate in the issues management process
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of customer service processes, responses and training materials
- Research and report escalated agency, customer and client inquires at the corporate level
- Handle escalated customer phone calls at the corporate level
- Identify/report/resolve issues (customer, campaign, rep, system) issues
- Identify, research and report on trends
- Assist in the launch of new Synapse programs and campaigns and the reporting to show effectiveness of the program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must be extremely well organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks is essential
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Technically savvy with the ability to quickly learn new systems and cross reference data from multiple sources.
- Ability to attend multiple training classes in a short period of time and obtaining a passing grade the associated exam
- Able to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Four year college degree
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally