Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Business Systems team is looking for a system engineer to play a key role in supporting enterprise-level applications. Core activities include performing installs, upgrades, patches, administration of PeopleSoft applications and supporting the application development groups with any systems related issues. This role is responsible for delivering high quality service to Time Inc’s growing global business.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Time Inc:
- Strong operating systems background and system administration skills
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Strong results focus
- Thinks big
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 3+ years professional experience as Peoplesoft System Administrator or System Engineer
- A minimum of three years of experience administering PeopleSoft applications
- 3+ years of experience in performing PeopleSoft environment refresh procedures, performance tuning, system monitoring and maintenance, troubleshooting of PeopleSoft application servers, process schedulers and web servers that are hosted on Unix and Windows Servers.
- Must have in-depth, hands on experience performing at least one major application upgrade and PeopleTools upgrade.
- Experience engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues
- Experience in performing PeopleSoft installs or upgrades
- A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision
- Should be able to debug PeopleSoft code components (both custom and seeded) and provide solutions to user issues
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL best practices
- Must have very strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills
- Experience in setting up and applying patches/images using Peoplesoft Update Manager(PUM) preferred
- Exposure with ImageNow, Docusign , Quest Dell Stat or Autosys would be a plus
- Experience in scripting (perl, shell) and an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C or C++ would be a plus