Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Foundry is Time Inc.’s full service content studio. We help marketers design and develop content marketing initiatives and produce insight-driven content that informs, provokes, connects and engages the right audiences. Leveraging the expertise of the world’s most recognizable media brands, our in-house editorial team serves as an incubator for breakthrough, first-of-its-kind content ideas and solutions that deliver results.
The Foundry is launching an advanced content solutions sales team dedicated to serve a high demand for content solutions (email, content sites, native, social) that reach and engage audiences widely across the digital ecosystem and along the purchase funnel, and capture data on high value prospects (registrations, sign-ups, cookies, Viant people-based, look-a-likes) to power re-targeting efforts for deeper engagement, acquisition, eCommerce and loyalty marketing. Our goal is to become a full-service content campaign resource for helping clients combine content experiences, data and media targeting to create marketing and business value.
We’re looking for a seasoned digital media sales director with experience selling custom content, data-driven ad campaigns and native advertising to represent The Foundry’s suite of content capabilities to grow our advanced content solutions business.
The Sales Director candidate must be a forward thinker and marketing-minded, solution-oriented seller who anticipates client needs and creates content programs that drive performance. He/she must have a deep understanding of the digital content marketing space and be an experienced digital media exec who has previously utilized data to drive campaign performance.
The candidate will work in collaboration with the broader business development team. This position reports to the VP Advanced Content Solutions and is based in New York City.
- Responsible for growing revenue from the sale of advanced content solutions including content consultations; campaign strategies; data management and targeting; owned media design, development and production; content production across all formats, multi platforms distribution programs and campaign measurement.
- Responsible for the sales process (prospect, qualify, proposal, negotiate and close) to clients and agencies across the US.
- Proactively pitch prospective and existing clients to sell The Foundry’s full suite of content capabilities and advanced content solutions.
- Identify, prospect, design and sell campaign-based advanced content solutions to clients and agency execs.
- Be pro-active in the marketplace to work with high value prospects to create and need and deliver solutions.
- Respond to RFP’s directly or collaborate with the category sales teams where / when appropriate.
- Drive renewals and long-term relationships with major advertisers.
- Collaborate with Foundry marketing and creative in ideation, content strategy & proposals to secure commitments.
- Prepare timely sales reports, call reports, pipeline, monthly, quarterly, and end year forecasts.
- Maintain full fluency in Time Inc.’s media brands including Viant.
- Manage all sales related expenses and ensure spend levels do not exceed budget levels.
- Report and manage sales progress management.
- 5-8 years experience with proven selling of multiple, intangible products, ideas, content solutions, data, and digital media to Fortune 1000 companies and agencies. Consultative sales, preferably experience in content, native advertising, digital media sales and data
- Relevant client, agency relationships and proven history of strategic account planning & growing key accounts
- Results driven, solution oriented, motivated and enthusiastic commitment to succeed
- Excellent relationship building and exceptional written, verbal, presentation & communication skills
- Ability to manage several projects at once with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Team player, collaborative and advocate of The Foundry’s mission
- Ability to self-start with good judgment about when to consult with others
- Fiscal responsibility with regards to travel & expense management
- The ability to travel frequently to attend in-person client meetings