Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Digital Director, PEOPLE, will ignite and drive growth for the future of the multi-platform powerhouse brand. Leading development and execution of nearly every facet of digital editorial strategy, the Digital Director will have oversight of all content, programming, platforms, and partnerships. This is a key role for a collaborative leader who will work closely with colleagues at both the brand and corporate levels —with editors, the GM of digital entertainment, video, audience development, product, native studio, consumer marketing, sales and marketing, public relations and counterparts at other Time Inc. brands. She or he will take ownership of digital performance (both content-facing and producer-facing) and be relentlessly KPI-driven, data-informed and conscientious of the audience.
The Digital Director should be a natural and energetic leader who can direct and collaborate with editors, producers, writers and stakeholders to create the ultimate digital powerhouse in its category as well as the most ubiquitous and essential brand in celebrity, human interest, and lifestyle media. The ideal Digital Director will have a true and sincere appreciation for the PEOPLE audience and its mission, and have the experience and creative talent to lead and design addictive and dazzling content experiences.
- Lead the digital team at PEOPLE with clearly defined goals and a vision for audience and revenue growth
- Craft and execute a strategy for ongoing audience development across O&O, social and emerging platforms
- Manage editorial partnerships and syndication partnerships with a relentless focus on growth and driving key content metrics
- Establish digital benchmarks and KPIs to evolve digital media content mix in alignment with consumer behavior across all channels and formats (mobile, social, video, SEO, etc.)
- Guide decisions with a data-centric approach to identify new opportunities and paths to execution
- Manage the brand’s digital editorial P&L effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the embodiment of the brand’s digital brand identity and voice across platforms
- Collaborate with other Time Inc. brand counterparts to leverage insights and best practices
- Create editorial content opportunities with strong ROI, including commerce and contributor-led initiatives, while partnering with sales and marketing to capitalize on revenue growth
- Represent PEOPLE’s digital brand and business efforts at events and in media
- Proven. You have 10+ years of leadership experience in digital, preferably in media or other content-led environments, and preferably in the area of entertainment.
- Digital. You have an established track record of developing growth strategies and leading digital audience growth through effective content creation. You’re fluent with CMSes and all distributed platforms. You have a complete understanding of digital advertising, ad products and marketplace trends, including viewability and native advertising.
- Data-driven. You are at home with analytics platforms, including Omniture, comScore, Brightcove, and real-time analytics tools like Parse.ly or Chartbeat, and have deep experiences in establishing and analyzing performance metrics.
- Social. You possess a thorough knowledge of current best practices in social, SEO, mobile and video, and have experience translating that knowledge into action.
- A passionate leader. You love what you do and your enthusiasm is contagious. You have a relentless drive for success, and a knack for inspiring others to contribute and share in it.