Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
As a Performance Test Engineer of the Technology & Product Engineering Group at Time Analytic & Shared Services Private Limited, the person is responsible for carrying out Performance testing for the Product Reliability Engineering team’s web and SOAP UI applications to support the development team for all standalone and custom magazine web applications.
This person will work on a team of developers implementing web software. This person should have a Good Experience on Performance Engineering and work efficiently with the performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center, Jmeter etc.. The person will collaborate with other groups including business clients, front-end developers, template developers and infrastructure/system developers. The individual must have strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions.
Professional traits those are not unique to this position, but necessary for Time Inc Software Engineers:
- Strong engineering background and software Testing skills
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Strong results focus
- Thinks big
- Experience on Performance Engineering
- Experience in Bottleneck Analysis, Profiling using any of Tools like Jprofiler, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, NewRelic.
- Work efficiently with performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center, Jmeter etc.
- Experience in Performance Management & Monitoring tools like New relic, AWS CloudWatch, Perfmon, Jconsole
- Experience in profiling using JVisualVM
- Experience in HTTP/HTTPS & XML/SOAP protocols is must
- Connect with technical and Business teams and analyze Performance Testing requirements & SLAs
- Coordinate with AD and Business to ensure complete understanding and identification of critical business functions - ability to identify test scenarios, workload models from requirements and develop necessary Scripts to exercise the functionality
- Identify the scope of the testing based on the non-functional requirements, estimate test effort and manage task allocation accordingly
- Perform workload modeling as per the nonfunctional requirements and SLAs
- Conducting and helping in execution of different types of performance tests: Load, Volume, Stress, Failover, Scalability etc. along with strong background in and coordination of multiple resources/teams/vendors from different geographical location
- Analysis of results and recommendations
- Create & present Load test reports to stakeholders
- Support performance tuning activities
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and work independently.
- Manual Testing
Work Experience Required
- 3-6 Years of testing experience in performance testing
- Bachelors of Engineering/ B.Tech or MCA.
- Professional Certifications (Preferable but not mandatory).