Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Foundry is Time Inc.’s full service content studio. We help marketers design and develop content marketing initiatives and produce insight-driven content that informs, provokes, connects and engages the right audiences. Leveraging the expertise of the world’s most recognizable media brands, our in-house editorial team serves as an incubator for breakthrough, first-of-its-kind content ideas and solutions that deliver results.
The Foundry is launching a dedicated travel content agency to serve a high demand for travel related content solutions in the marketplace. Our goal is to become the AOR for travel marketers who can create digital content across all formats, channels and platforms to engage consumers across paid, owned and earned media and along the path to purchase.
We’re looking for a seasoned digital media sales director with experience selling custom content and native advertising to represent The Foundry’s suite of content capabilities to grow our travel business.You must be a forward thinker who anticipates client needs, with the acumen to implement projects quickly and adapt to changes in direction. You must have a deep understanding of the travel space, and understand a travel marketer’s business challenges, sales cycle and have the ability to craft & sell tailored content solutions that will ultimately create preference and drive ROI for clients.
You will be a high-quality growth engine that drives qualified leads and sales and nurtures client relationships. You will work in collaboration with the VP Sales,Travel and the Account Director, Travel. You will also work in collaboration with Time Inc.’s Travel Category Sales team to identify and pursue leads and respond to RFPs. This position reports to the VP Sales, Travel.
- Responsible for growing revenue from the sale of content solutions programs including content consultations, content strategies, content production across all formats, and multi platforms distribution programs.
- Responsible for the full sales process (prospect, qualify, proposal, negotiate and close) to clients and agencies (where appropriate) across the US & globally.
- Proactively pitch to prospective and existing clients , in order to sell The Foundry travel capabilities as a content AOR for travel content marketing.
- Identify, prospect, build and maintain long-term relationships with travel industry advertisers.
- Anticipate client's needs, understand what drives their success, challenge them to think differently, and provide highly valued business insight to enable your clients to win, build and retain customers through the strategic use of content marketing solutions.
- Prepare timely sales reports, noting calls made per month, managing contracts, sales invoiced, pipeline, monthly, quarterly, and end year forecasts.
- Drive collaboration with Vertical and Brand client solutions and account sales teams throughout the lifecycle of client engagements to nurture client relationships and offer cohesive content solutions.
- Maintain full fluency in Time Inc.’s travel brands including Travel and Leisure, Departures, and Food and Wine. Understand and appreciate their equity, the expertise of the editors and how they are sold to deliver value and grow our positioning in the marketplace.
- Maximize revenues/share from existing advertisers while pro-actively seeking out and converting new business on a consistent basis.
- New business development activities (cold calls, face to face meetings) required to create a pipeline of future opportunities.
- Prepare timely sales reports, noting calls made per month, sales invoiced, pipeline, monthly, quarterly, and end year forecasts.
- Manage all sales related expenses and ensure spend levels do not exceed budget levels.
- Quota responsibility of $2million in 2018.
- Report and manage sales progress management.
- Collaborate with Foundry marketing and creative in ideation, content strategy & proposals.
- 8-10 years experience with proven selling of multiple, intangible products, ideas, and contnet solutions to Fortune 1000 companies. Consultative sales, preferably experience in content, native advertising, and digital media sales.
- Relevant client/agency relationships and proven history of strategic account planning & growing key accounts.
- Travel category expertise – Understands market trends, business drivers, and changing customer preferences including the increased importance of technology across mobile, social, search, video and on-line travel booking.
- Have a good understanding of Time Inc.’s travel brands and possess the ability to effectively communicate the brand’s value proposition as it pertains to The Foundry's products.
- Results driven, solution oriented, motivated and enthusiastic commitment to succeed.
- Excellent relationship building and exceptional written, verbal, presentation & communication skills.
- Experience in selling integrated media programs, especially custom content.
- Ability to manage several projects at once with multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
- Team player, collaborative and advocate of The Foundry’s mission.
- Ability to self-start with good judgment about when to consult with others.
- Fiscal responsibility with regards to travel & expense management.
- The ability to travel frequently to attend in-person client meetings.
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen.
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with contract decision makers.
- Proven experience building longstanding client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business.
- Bachelors or advanced degree.
- Exceeding revenue targets and achieving monthly sales call quota within the territory.
- Evidence of expanding the client-base.
- Clear, constant, accurate reporting.
- High quality management and servicing of existing accounts.
- Maintaining the professional image of The Foundry in all communications and dealings with clients and prospects.