Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Sr. Analyst will report to the Tax Managers and will perform the necessary tax accounting and compliance functions covering federal, state & local, and international taxes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist with preparation of workpapers for tax returns and annual/quarterly tax provision including foreign data collect packages, foreign tax provision templates, foreign source income calculations, and foreign tax credit calculations.
• Perform initial review of Federal income tax workpapers and proforma Federal income tax returns prepared by the associate.
• Perform initial review of International forms included in US tax return filing such as Form 5471 and Form 8858.
• Assist with tax audits and state notices.
• Run PeopleSoft reports and prepare reconciliations.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, financial and business acumen, a desire to learn more about the media landscape. A CPA license (equivalent) and a master’s degree in taxation (equivalent) is a plus.
You have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in U.S. income tax compliance, with exposure to multinational corporations with Big 4 experience being preferred. Proficiency in CorpTax software is preferred.