Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 230 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media platforms and extensions, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, international markets, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Within Time Inc., the Agency Development team is focused on developing strategic partnerships with advertising agencies and trading desks. Key to the team’s goals is propagating and implementing the corporate vision of Time Inc.’s transformation. As a Manager, Global Agency Development – you will enable, develop and manage long-term strategic relationships with key influencers across agency holding companies and affiliated agency partners by consulting on how to leverage Time Inc.’s proprietary data, measurement, and technology to deliver strong ROI business outcomes for advertisers.
In addition, you will drive our advertising and innovation by collecting detailed feedback from our external partners and sharing it with internal teams – the ability to thrive in this exciting and changing environment will be crucial to the success of this role.
This role is great for someone who is currently an Account Manager, Sales Assistant or Account Executive who wants to step into the more business development side of sales – the proactive, longer close cycle and strategy part of sales. If you are certain you love the quick pace of closing daily deals in sales this may not be the role for you. This role is the behind the scenes role that isn’t closing daily deals. This role unlocks issues at the highest level of our agency/holding company partners.
Also in this role, you will not be responding to RFP very often and also the focus of this role is broad in that it is horizontal/cross-category and touches the whole company.
Lastly, this is dual reporting role into two of Executive Director, Global Agency Development. This role sits at our headquarters at 225 Liberty in New York, NY.
- Build and develop relationships with key implementation managers across multiple Advertising holding companies and their affiliated Agencies.
- Work with Executive Director to own C-Suite and Executive level relationships across Agency holding companies and affiliate agencies to execute against approved business plans.
- Communicate what our core agency & holding company groups are, how they are structured, what makes them different and “who” the key players and influencers to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive digital innovation by collaborating closely with internal teams and across the organization.
- Act as a resource to identify and remove barriers prohibiting our Sales team in RFP and Campaign management.
- Partnering mainly with Category Leads. Help with trade deals. Create decks (not too frequently).
- Gain a deep understanding of digital media, advertising agencies and Time Inc. companies
- Two to four years post undergraduate experience in the advertising industry having agency, client-side, business development, and/or sales experience.
- Two to four years of experience liaising with executive leadership in media planning, media buying, and programmatic agencies. This should be client facing experience. Prior sales planning or buying experience will not be sufficient alone. (If you have more than 5-7 years total experience you are probably too senior for the role.)
- The ability to explain the Time Inc brands inside and out. Example: knows the difference between Cooking Light and My Recipes.
- Knows the language of the industry (programmatic, first-party data)
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, understanding marketer needs and creatively translate these needs into compelling concepts and programs
- Demonstrates passion and elicits excitement for content marketing across all screens and platforms
- Proven ability to simplify and package complex product offerings for appropriate audiences.
- Ability to handle many initiatives simultaneously and prioritize according to meeting revenue goals
- Strong analytical abilities and confidence in the use of data
- Bachelor’s degree required
Related Job Titles:
Account Manager, Client Manager, Agency Development, Global Account Managers, National Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Digital Strategy Manager, and Strategist.