Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
Horse & Hound is Britain's leading multi-platform equestrian brand, with over 130 years at the heart of international horse sport. As the Showing Editor and Features Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Generating ideas, planning and managing all showing features and reports for the magazine and website, including commissioning freelancers and managing the budget.
- Working with the rest of the H&H team to edit copy, resolve queries, choose pictures, proof read and push pages through to completion.
- Writing showing features, reports and news stories for the magazine and website.
- Assisting the features editor with features across all disciplines for both the magazine and website, including generating ideas, writing, commissioning freelancers, processing copy and pages and uploading copy to the website. You will also be responsible for our vet pages.
- Knowing and loving the showing world is essential for this job — ideally you will have competed in the show ring or been closely involved in showing another way. You will have good knowledge of how showing works, the main personalities and the issues in the sport.
- Strong English language skills are also needed — candidates must have the ability to write sparkling, flowing features and reports, with correct spelling and grammar, and to edit and improve other writers’ copy.
- The successful applicant will also have good organisational skills and be IT literate in order to run a busy section on a fast-paced, weekly magazine, while juggling this with working on our website and social media.
- We want someone with an interest in equestranism beyond showing, as the features assistant role will involve thinking of and writing magazine and website feature ideas in areas other than showing. An interest in vet and horsecare topics would be advantageous.
- Our ideal candidate would have experience working on a print publication or online (not necessarily in the equestrian field), but we are happy to consider applications from people without this experience, if you fulfil the other criteria and show the right attitude and willingness to learn. Knowledge of Indesign and Wordpress CMS would be an advantage but is not essential.
This is a full-time job based in our Farnborough office, but with the possibility of some home working; to be discussed at interview.
Closing date: Wednesday 29 November