Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The SaaS Sales Manager, SI Play, is responsible for the overall success of their territory consisting usually of a few states. This role works from home or at a Time Inc or SI Play office is nearby. Travel is required and could be up to 40%.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, outbound focused, have a passion for youth sports. A proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology is a plus, but prior sales experience is a must. Must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles and customer issues through creative and adaptive approaches.
Applicants with prior experience in sales for internet service businesses or ASP’s would be well suited for success in this position. Again experience with youth sports and an overall passion for sports is must.
- Attain monthly revenue targets
- Drive new business in the territory
- Have a heavy outbound focus to drive new sales with leagues
- Work in collaboration with their Regional Sales Manager, Technical Sales Support, Marketing and Business Development to build and maintain their business
- Sell all products within the Sports Illustrated Play portfolio => registration, web creator, background checks, SI Play app, & credit card processing
- Work in conjunction with their Regional sales team to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager and Technical Sales Support to make sure the technical and commercial needs of the customer are met.
- Help Marketing build & support programs and campaigns to drive business both to existing and new potential customers.
- Be able to close new business effectively
- Prospect on a daily basis
- Travel and meet with customers at their location/events
- Provide presentations (including customized demos) to customers and partners
- Understand and document customer requirements and establish company’s product as the best solution that addresses that need
- Provide general help to internal and external customers and partners
- Provide excellent customer service
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of experience in account management, prospecting, cold calling, & sales presentations, preferably software sales in the Sports industry
- Sports industry knowledge and passion
- Prior experience in prospecting, cold calling and in heavy outbound role
- Self-motivation and able to work in highly accountable sales environment
- A proven track record in sales and knowledge of technology
- Ability to be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Strong presentation skills and are able to communicate professionally. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles and customer issues through creative and adaptive approaches.