Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Digital Director will design and lead digital content strategy for Real Simple, the signature home and lifestyle brand within the Time Inc. portfolio. This person will have a strong vision for the brand, where it is and where it will go. This editorial leader will have a clear perspective on distribution and syndication, mobile, social, video, and emerging platforms. They will develop plans to reach influencers and communities, launch e-commerce initiatives, and evaluate partnerships and acquisitions.
This is a key role for a proven digital thinker who will partner with tech, product, and UX teams to grow the brand’s reach, revenue, and profit. The ideal candidate will manage and motivate staff experienced in digital content as well as team members newer to creating content across all platforms.
- Collaborate with the Editor in Chief and Lifestyle Group Digital Director, and oversee all digital, social, and video editorial content for RealSimple.com
- Manage a team to execute a multifaceted digital strategy that has a consistent vision and clear plan to reach content, traffic, and revenue goals
- Evaluate the performance of digital content channels, pivoting and tweaking when necessary, while charting a clear long-term strategy
- Spot, hire, and retain the best digital talent
- Work across teams to drive new opportunities: with the consumer marketing team to test new methods for driving digital subscriptions; the analytics team to devise performance tests; the ad sales team to develop new ad products and programs; and with the products team on the Cozi app and other initiatives.
- Collaborate with other Time Inc. brands to develop opportunities for cross-brand collaboration, partnerships and new business opportunities
- Proven: You have 10 or more years in editorial environments, with five or more in digital, preferably leading teams. You have experience in a fast-paced, nimble digital environment and an ability to lead and motivate teams to win in the digital space. You have experience working with the variety of topics that Real Simple covers online, from food, home, style, and beauty to relationships and health.
- Digital: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are the tools of your trade. You are fluent in social publishing platforms, on the web and mobile. You have worked in a CMS like Drupal or WordPress. You are constantly aware of what¹s trending and on the hunt for ways to cover newsy topics for your audience, and you measure the value of your efforts with analytics.
- Open-minded expert: Your expertise is in editorial, but that doesn¹t restrict you. You have a deep understanding of digital ads, products, and trends like viewability and native advertising.
- A tastemaker: You have a knowledge of and a passion for the topics that resonate with the Real Simple online audience and a proven track record of activating other passions in communities within a broad audience.
- A leader: The teams you¹ve worked with appreciate your leadership, drive, collaborative and communicative work style, and ability to navigate a changing digital landscape. You energize creative people to think differently and approach work in new and exciting ways.