Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
You are responsible for the design and implementation of software that would enable Business Development & Partnerships to rapidly develop and deploy new Time Inc products and services.
We are looking for a highly skilled software engineer who has a proven track record and takes pride in bringing high-quality software product quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies, and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment
- Work closely with engineers developing web experiences for high-visibility, fast-moving initiatives.
- Develop new features and maintain several internal Ruby on Rails applications .
- Gather technical requirements from both business and technical users, implement custom solutions where necessary, help educate customers, and work to transform custom solutions into core components where possible.
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines including Business development, Product Support, Quality Assurance, Business Stake Holders and other enginnering teams.
- Participate in technical mentorship with engineers on the team by performing thorough code reviews, pairing, and ad hoc reviews of proposed solutions.
- Work with other teams across the company to share and establish best practices.
- Are passionate about code quality and lead by example to produce high quality, complex services and applications under tight timelines.
- Are passionate about test nd behaviour driven development and extensive test coverage.
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/ related subject matter or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing, developing and programming to APIs and web services-based integrations and applications, as RESTful, SOAP,XML etc
- Must have thorough knowledge on how HTTP / HTTPs works
- Software development tools – Git , SVN, JIRA, Confluence, AWS.
- Working with any of the Database – (SQL & NoSQL) DB/in-memory DB/ S3 is an added advantage
- Ability to write functional and technical specifications
- Working knowledge of database systems
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, and a desire to want to learn more and share knowledge with others in a rapidly changing environment.
- Promotes and encourages teamwork
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of cross-site scripting (XSS) and other client-side vulnerabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.