Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
MONEY seeks a staff reporter to join its growing digital team and work on Time Inc.’s growing news desk. This reporter will be responsible for pitching and writing daily stories on all aspects of money and personal finance. The ideal candidate should have experience working with news in fast-paced environments, and have a general interest in (and comfort with) consumer- and money-related topics.
- Pitch, report and write daily news stories — largely for MONEY but also for Time, Fortune and other Time Inc. brands.
- Develop sources and expertise across a range of money-related topics
- Energized: You’re comfortable working in a competitive and fast-paced news environment.
- Digital: You have a deep interest and perspective on the best content for Facebook, Reddit, and other social platforms. You understand how to publish content in a CMS.
- Accurate: You know that as important as it is to get a story up fast, it's even more important to get it right. Your own journalist reputation is at stake, as well as Time Inc.'s.
- Collaborative: You like to work in a team, and feel comfortable liaising with coworkers across teams. You look for opportunities to share bylines and information. You like to incorporate video, photos, and other multimedia into your stories.