Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Account Executive will identify and cultivate advertising partnership relationships with medium sized to nationally scoped advertising clients and agencies. The role requires effectively conveying the value of the Time Inc brand and advertising product portfolio thru presentation and frequent communication. Position is an inside sales role within the mid market organization located in New York, NY.
- Source, prospect and close new business to regularly meet and exceed sales goals
- Maintain a high level of daily sales activity through email and phone communication
- Reach out to potential clients, create proactive proposals, and move opportunities thru all deal stages to close
- Manage active advertisers with campaign management thru wrap up
- Build direct client and agency relationships with local and medium-sized regional to nationally scoped advertisers
- Develop a thorough understanding of Time Inc ad products and competitive players in the industry
- Content sales, digital ad product and programmatic familiarity experience highly preferred
- High quality communication and presentation skills to convey value of Time Inc.
- Rigorously track and manage sales pipeline and account activities in Salesforce.com
- Work with account management and ad operations to ensure client satisfaction
- Proven ability to succeed in self sufficient environment
- Enthusiastic: A creative thinker and a team player, that’s how your colleagues describe you. Your organization and ability to communicate clearly with sales staff, team members, advertising clients and vendors make you an essential member of any workforce.
- Communicative: You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. You are strategic in your sales outreach in order to maximize your ability to manage your book of business through generating new leads, identifying prospects and penetrating potential accounts.
- Influential: You have the ability to influence decision makers over the phone and via email. You have a compelling and persuasive communication style that anticipates and delivers on the needs of potential customers.
- Self-motivated: You are a spirited self-starter and the first to tackle an obstacle, contributing a creative and strategic approach. Your strong interpersonal and organizational skills are key ingredients to your success.
- Persistent: You view “no” as the start of the sale and have a “can do” attitude, which means you don’t get defeated when you don’t get a response or an immediate yes. You are a highly organized person who has the ability to self-start in a competitive, fast paced environment.
- A lifelong learner: You have a deep understanding and desire to learn more about the changing media landscape. Your proactive curiosity is contagious; you know how to drive meaningful conversations about the future of media, tech and content.
- Self aware: You possess an ability to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses and are open to working towards continual improvement. You are thoughtful with how your language, tone and voice may be interpreted in-person, over email or phone. Recognizing which actions led to positive outcomes are crucial to lifelong success and development.