Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Manager, Audience Development will work with the General Manager, product, and editorial teams to create and implement a plan that supports growth and editorial goals, increases adoption of new products and drives long-term unique visitor growth to Sports Illustrated's digital properties. This is a key role for an analytical mind interested in shaping the strategy of our digital future. We are seeking a collaborative team players with at least five years of related digital media experience with a BA or equivalent. Deep knowledge and experience working with sports content a plus.
- Work with the analytics team to develop and disseminate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly traffic reporting
- Deliver key insights on digital performance, translating large amounts of information into action-oriented site enhancements and product updates
- Work with sales planning and editorial to ensure sales impression guarantees are met
- Train digital teams to understand and produce their own reporting
- Produce on-site and competitive deep dives to determine traffic drivers, audience spikes, and partner impacts
- Report on traffic wins and losses, keeping editorial focused on content that works
- Work with product and development teams to monitor and track analytics for any updates to the sites
- Collaborate with consumer marketing, production, edit, and design to evolve user acquisition and retention strategies
- Generate creative solutions to drive more visitors through social media, newsletters, natural search and paid traffic acquisition
- Grow newsletter list size, suggest content and subject line best practices for newsletters, maintain newsletter sweeps, and maintain list hygiene best practices
- Manage partner traffic growth opportunities, such as newsletter link exchanges, social link exchanges, and syndicated content partnerships
- Proven: You have at least five years of related media marketing, digital or agency experience with a BA or equivalent.
- Analytics-obsessed: You’re a connector of dots. People know you as the go-to Excel whisperer. You’re able to look at a massive spreadsheet and unpack it for truth, using your exceptionally strong analytical and quantitative skills to guide teams on impactful decisions. Experiences with tools such as Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Chartbeat, and Omniture is a must.
- Right and left-brained: You are enthusiastic, energetic and focused, approaching projects both strategically and creatively to create the best marketing solution for your brand in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Communicative: Grace under pressure. That’s what you have. You’re indispensable to bosses, teammates for your calm, direct approach to communication – whether you’re giving a presentation, drafting an email or having a one-on-one conversation.
- Collaborative: You’re a team player with strong project management and leadership skills, working with an eagle eye for detail and a contagious energy. You run to – not from – a challenge, managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.