Reporting to the Director, Global Network Engineering, is responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the Time Inc. IP network. The position works closely with others in the Global Infrastructure team in the design and implementation of technology infrastructure solutions.
Manage the operation of the global Time Inc. IP network including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN gateways, wifi access points/controllers and NAC (network access control) appliances.
Collaborate with a geographically distributed team of Network Engineers.
Manage the relationship with managed network services vendor.
Maintain relationships with network equipment and services vendors.
Understand business requirements and implement network solutions to satisfy the requirements.
Design of network solutions including specification of hardware, circuits, network architecture and configurations.
Maintenance of network devices including parts replacement and code upgrades.
Research and evaluate network technologies and vendors.
Develop and maintain network documentation to include drawings, MOPs (method of procedures), inventories, etc.
Collaborate with Time Inc. Information Security in implementing network security solutions.
5 years as a Network Engineer with hands on experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting IP networks to include routers, switches, firewalls, remote access VPNs, load balancers, wireless LANs and NAC systems. Experience in designing network solutions to meet business requirements, maintaining documentation of the network, working with network vendors in resolving problems.
- Must be a strong team player and flexible to assist in providing extended hours as project and critical work requires.
- Must be a very personable, conscientious, and enthusiastic individual with great attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
About Time Customer Service, Inc (TCS)
Rolling Stone. People.National Geographic. Fortune. TCS helps deliver some of the most prestigious and widely read publications in the world. And we do it through world-class customer service, order fulfillment and subscription renewal services. Our highly trained team of specialists oversees every detail of distribution and subscription management, from high-speed ordering and payment processing to mailing and 360-degree marketing. Today’s consumer has access to information, news and entertainment like never before. Whether our customers choose to receive their Time Inc. content by magazine, book, digital download, web, video or any of the other many channels available today, it’s our job to make sure they’re always connected to their favorite brands.