Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated external financial statements (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K) in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Prepare footnote schedules for and draft specific sections of SEC filings
- Work closely with other departments to obtain information for to support SEC filings.
- Research and apply XBRL concept tags to 10-K/10-Q.
- Perform a detailed level review and tie out for accuracy of our earnings press releases, investor relations decks, management presentations, and quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Assist in preparation of accounting policies.
- Perform accounting or disclosure research
- Coordinate external audit requests.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as needed. This includes assisting with various projects that arise, such as accounting pronouncement adoption, report requests from senior management, or being part of various team projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. (or equivalent) in Accounting
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience
- CPA (or equivalent) required
- Public accounting experience required
- Strong English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
Holidays: Candidate applying for this job will follow the India Holiday Calendar and following 3PM to 12 Midnight shift.