About the company:
Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
About the role:
The Foundry, our commercial content studio, is a critical part of Time Inc UK, helping advertisers to engage with readers across our portfolio of brands. As the Commercial Editorial Director you will be a member of the senior management team and responsible for:
- Leading a team of written, visual and design professionals through a period of strategic structural change
- Embedding and evangelising new ways of working
- Driving operational delivery
- Managing relationships with editorial colleagues across the Time Inc UK portfolio
- Guiding editors through commercial propositions
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of commercial editorial campaigns
- Representing the editorial voice of our brands in commercial activities
- Helping advertisers craft messages that will resonate with our readership
- Bringing the editorial elements of commercial proposals to life with our clients
This is a hands on role in which you will manage content creators directly, ensuring the highest quality content possible is delivered for our clients across print, digital and social platforms. You will be as involved in the operational delivery of the function as you will be for setting the strategy and driving innovative, editorially-driven solutions for clients. You will be required to collaborate daily with strategists, sales teams and editors as well as our many advertising partners.
Our team of creatives are incredibly talented and we love them. At the same time, our business is constantly evolving to meet the changing requirements of the industry. You will be instrumental in delivering change in a way that creates a positive and fulfilling environment for our people.
First and foremost, you will be an accomplished editorial professional with extensive experience of working with major advertisers and media brands. You will also have:
- Exceptional people management skills and experience
- Experience of leading and embedding change programmes
- A proven track record of delivering commercial content in conjunction with media agencies and clients direct
- Very strong communications skills with a history of building great relationships internally and externally, at all levels
- A focus on operational delivery
- A creative approach to answering commercial briefs