Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Twice named to the list of the top 25 “Best Medium Sized Companies to Work for in America.”, Synapse Group, Inc., based in Stamford Connecticut, is a cross-channel affinity marketing company and the largest marketer of magazines in the United States. Synapse develops self-funded marketing programs that help some of the world’s largest consumer companies build brand loyalty, acquire new customers, and increase revenue. With access to over 700 consumer products, our seamless programs optimize customer touch-points across online, retail, phone, and print. Synapse provides the best of both worlds: the power of our parent company, Time Inc. (creator of brands like PEOPLE, In Style, and Sports Illustrated), along with the benefits of a small company where you’ll work with smart, driven, and fun people.
We are looking for a talented and collaborative Business Development Manager to sell innovative programs to new retail and e-commerce partners. If you are a high energy, self-starting individual who can show creative persistence throughout a complex sales cycle, then this is the place for you! The successful candidate will play a key role in achieving our ambitious partner acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making cold outreach, generating interest, qualifying prospects, nurturing and closing accounts.
- Present Synapse capabilities to external marketing channel partners
- Prospect, pitch and close significant retail, online and phone partners for Synapse generating profitable subscriptions to print and digital magazines and other product and services
- Target partners that are a strong fit for our programs and are capable of delivering significant economics and scale for both the partner and Synapse
- In cooperation with Synapse senior management, obtain meetings with senior executives (ie EO, CMO, VP of Marketing or Business Development) to pitch Synapse capabilities
- Work with internal Sales Development teams to craft presentation materials and with channel marketers and finance employees to develop financial projections for the partner
- Refine proposals based on customer feedback and involve partner marketing and operations to address implementation and technical integration
- Work with legal, publisher relations and products and services teams to complete agreements and launch partners
- Support the VP of Business Development in selling and onboarding new partners
- Experience selling and working with retail and/or ecommerce partners
- 1-2 years in B2B sales
- Track record of achievement
- Business savvy, strong sense of profit-generation
- Strong personal and phone presence and some experience pitching C-level
- Excel at listening and presentation skills
- Understanding of partner economics. Ability to build a proposal in terms that speak to both the partner’s economic interest and strategic needs
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Collaborative, works well with domain experts
- BA/BS degree or equivalent