Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
Part of Time Inc UK, Marketforce is a leading sales, marketing and distribution company. With expertise across mass market and specialist products, we ensure Britain’s biggest and best publications get to market. We work with internationally recognised brands such as NME, HELLO!, Marie Claire, The Beano, What’s on TV and New Scientist.
Responsible for one of our most important strategic publishing clients, you will lead a team to implement their global circulation strategy and identify new opportunities.
Marketforce is viewed as an integral part of the client’s business so you will build strong commercial relationships across the company to define and implement their circulation objectives.
- Develop and implement the International Circulation strategy for one strategic publishing client and other 3rd party clients
- Manage a team of executives to deliver Marketforce and its Clients’ objectives overseas
- Build excellent relationships with Marketforce publisher clients and overseas distributors and retailers
- Work with support areas in Logistics and Finance ensuring good communication, clarity of requirements for the assigned portfolio
- Manage the sales development of the client’s business internationally with executive support
- Support the Head of International in the management of a key territory for Marketforce
- Deliver the planned revenues for the assigned portfolio
- Manage the financial administration for the assigned portfolio including but not limited to; Financial forecasting, Negotiations of commercial deals with key retail and distribution partners on behalf of the portfolio, Invoice and recharge process management
- Oversee the operations and reporting for the portfolio ensuring that it is timely, accurate, relevant and informs business decisions. Where necessary, develop new data and information streams to support key initiatives and objectives.
- Produce regular profit analysis of the portfolio – ensuring optimal contribution for Marketforce
- Attend regular client operational and strategic review meetings
- Solid experience of international or domestic circulation sales and marketing across a broad range titles, sectors, territories/channels - applicants without direct of experience in circulation will not be considered
- Experience of people management
- Good relationships with a wide range of publishers, territories and retailers and an ability to turn those relationships into tangible benefits for Marketforce and its publishers
- A good awareness of the macro and micro dynamics that affect profitability in export markets
- Experience of setting stretching targets for your team members to deliver above and beyond expectations
- The motivation, energy, drive and focus to deliver excellence in all areas, and maintaining Marketforce International’s industry profile of being the best in class
- The ability to maintain and develop relationships with core stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience of managing and refining complex processes to maximise operational efficiency
- Keen commercial and analytical skills to identify opportunities for profit growth
- An ability to think strategically and articulate a long term vision
- Experience of managing a number of high profile client accounts
- Innovative mind-set to deliver new sales driving opportunities