Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Foundry, located in Industry City, Brooklyn, New York, is the advertising innovation studio of Time Inc. that creates custom content and native advertising solutions. At The Foundry, we work across platforms — from virtual reality and branded entertainment to articles, slideshows, infographics and multi-platform content. The experiences we create are as diverse as social-first posts and immersive multimedia hubs. The Foundry also operates as Time Inc.'s launch pad for new digital brands, with a mobile and social focus. We rely on our powerful storytelling and trusted journalistic expertise to engage audiences with under-addressed passions, whether that's cars, breakfast, beauty or technology.
The Manager of Audience Development & Email Marketing will advise a major travel client on digital best practices for on-site tracking, performance and growth, with a focus on email and newsletters. He or she will also work to increase the footprint of client content across all brand owned sites/channels with a focus on email marketing. This is a key role for an analytical mind interested in shaping the strategy of the Foundry and its partners' digital futures.
- Manage all audience development efforts related to a key global travel and tourism client; including eNewsletter programs, content activation and distribution spends, proactively identifying and leveraging content across the digital ecosystem in line with strategic priorities.
- Manage client traffic growth opportunities, such as newsletter link exchanges, social link exchanges, and syndicated content partnerships.
- Grow newsletter list size, suggest content and subject line best practices for newsletters, maintain newsletter sweeps, and maintain list hygiene best practices.
- Work with analytics team to develop and distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly traffic reporting.
- Identify and new email marketing opportunities, explore and implement opportunities to leverage email marketing for data capture, work with sales team to fully monetize email marketing program.
- Deliver key insights on digital performance, translating large amounts of information into action-oriented site enhancements and new product launches.
- Work with Foundry product teams to ensure all unique visitor guarantees are met.
- Possess a client service mindset and own regular communications with internal and external teams related to audience growth efforts.
- Report on traffic wins and losses, keeping editorial focused on content that works.
- Manage monthly traffic needs, focusing on newsletter growth, social growth, and setting up and optimizing paid campaigns as necessary.
- Generate creative solutions to drive more visitors through social media, newsletters, paid traffic acquisition and SEO best practices.
- Plan and maintain email calendar with stakeholders, ensuring timely deployments, test and iterate email formats, cadence, imagery, etc. to ensure highest possible engagement and open rates.
- Work closely with Time Inc.’s email marketing leads to implement campaigns through enterprise level software, ESP’s and resources.
- Maintain a high level of quality across projects and schedules.
- Proven: You have at least 3 years of related media marketing, digital or agency experience with a BA or equivalent. Prior direct marketing experience a plus.
- Analytics-obsessed: You’re a connector of dots. People know you as the go-to Excel whisperer. You’re able to look at a massive spreadsheet and unpack it for truth, using your exceptionally strong analytical and quantitative skills to guide teams on impactful decisions. Experiences with tools such as Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Chartbeat, and Omniture is a must.
- Hands on with Email Marketing: You’ve managed ESP’s and understand the email marketing landscape, key program drivers, vendors and the insights that help plan for adjustments.
- Right and left-brained: You are enthusiastic, energetic and focused, approaching projects both strategically and creatively to create the best marketing solution for your brand in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Communicative: Grace under pressure. That’s what you have. You’re indispensable to bosses, teammates for your calm, direct approach to communication – whether you’re giving a presentation, drafting an email or having a one-on-one conversation with clients.
- Collaborative: You’re a team player with strong project management and leadership skills, working with an eagle eye for detail and a contagious energy. You run to – not from – a challenge, managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.