Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
Time Inc (UK) Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Sub Editor to join the Horse & Hound Team. The successful person will have the opportunity to work on one of our most high profile brands and help to create exciting content!
- Sub raw copy, fit and caption pages, proof read pages and help manage the team to achieve the same
- Ensure factual accuracy of content
- Re-write contributors’ copy where required and provide feedback and coaching to contributors
- Build a strong relationship with art and picture teams and file briefs where appropriate
- Assist the Group Chief Sub to maintain standards across the specified titles
- Ensure all aspects of magazine production are efficient
- Understand the content strategy for brands and the role of print within this
- Implement production processes that deliver maximum quality of finished product
- Work with Content Director and Editor to ensure the understanding of target audience and equestrian market is maintained and developed
- Oversee final sign off of proofs in conjunction with the Art Editor
- Ensure every page is completed accurately and without errors ready for press
- Work collaboratively with commercial departments in order to maximise revenues
- Excellent subbing skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Proactive! Happy to evolve and learn.
- Super-organised with good attention to detail.
- Fast learner and able to work to strict deadlines
- Strong knowledge of the equestrian market
- Strong understanding of magazine production process
- Knowledge of InDesign and Word