Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Synapse Group, Inc., a division of Time Inc., is a cross-channel affinity marketing company and is the largest marketer of magazines in the U.S. Synapse develops self-funded marketing programs that help some of the world’s largest consumer companies build brand loyalty, acquire new customers, and increase revenue. With access to over 700 consumer titles, our seamless programs optimize customer touch-points across online, retail, phone, and print. Synapse is based in Stamford, CT
Synapse Technology team is looking for a high energy and upbeat individual that wants to work in a challenging, dynamic environment where speed to market is a critical component of success. Come join a smart and agile culture to help deliver solutions managing a global team that supports multiple applications using a variety of technologies, including Salesforce, Java, Oracle, and VXML. If you truly enjoy lots of collaboration, have a track record of delivering, have a knack for contemporary technologies, then look below and see if you have what it takes.
Education and Skills:
- BS degree or equivalent with 6+ years IT experience and at least 6+ years of experience in Salesforce.com architecture, design, and development
- Strong Object Oriented Development Skills
- Proficiency in the Salesforce.com development environment including custom objects, Apex, Visualforce, Force.com, IDE, Triggers, Migration Tools, Communities and Web Service integration.
- Excellent focus on Apex testing and governor limits
- Knowledge of the following technologies is a strong plus: Java/J2EE, Oracle, VXML
- Salesforce Developer (Dev 401) Certification a plus
- Salesforce Advanced Developer (Dev 501) Certification a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as application functionality and technology expert, as well as, full life-cycle owner for applications
- Engage in requirements elaboration and clarification with business analysis and end user teams
- Involve in the architecture & technical planning process for new & existing features; and create detailed design in support of the requirements
- Develop logical and high quality code which meets functional specifications along with technical requirements for reusability, maintainability, and scalability when appropriate
- Document logical and deployment architecture & maintain development environment
- Establish best practices around Salesforce.com solutions
- Ensure technical consistency and stability within an application: performance, reliability and maintainability
- Work with on-site/off-site developers, as well as perform hands-on Salesforce.com development (Apex, Visualforce, Force.com, SOQL, Triggers, Custom Objects, etc.)
- Handle web services API integrations with other internal and 3rd Party systems
- Communicate risks and issues clearly to project stakeholders
Key Behavioral Requirements:
- Demonstrates integrity and authenticity
- Communicates and relates effectively
- Manages relationships and expectations
- Thinks and solves problems creatively
- Takes personal accountability for actions and results
- Is action-oriented rather than reactive
- Takes initiative and goes beyond what is required
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, goals and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.