About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
MNI Targeted Media Inc., provides targeted advertising solutions digitally and in magazines. MNI is the only resource marketers need to implement a scalable, targeted, multimedia campaign that gets results.
The Sales Marketing Associate provides strategic marketing support to the sales force, assisting with the overall multi-platform sales efforts, as the sales team's primary resource for marketing intelligence, sales materials, presentations and category development.
- Provide client marketing support, collaborating with internal counterparts to build effective relationships with clients and ultimately help sell through media proposals.
- Ideate media strategy and story based on research analysis and insights.
- Build cohesive, persuasive proposals utilizing research to highlight media solutions.
- Utilize all resources to create effective, persuasive and compelling sales materials, customized for client or category/industry – with the goal to produce the best possible materials for clients and the sales team you support.
- Perform and provide research from syndicated sources in a digestible format to position products and services in the smartest way, highlighting competitive strengths in the marketplace and overcoming any objections raised by client.
- Be a strategic partner for the sales team, developing big ideas and appropriate thought-provoking materials that help generate business.
- Keep abreast of and communicate market trends and industry issues, as well as company and product/service strategies.
- Manage the expectations of the sales team and prioritize requests based on opportunity and deadline.
- Accompany sales account executives on calls once or twice per quarter, in order to keep a pulse on needs in the marketplace, effectiveness of sales materials currently in use, and to identify any opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong time management skills.
- Positive attitude with natural problem-solving mentality
- Heightened attention to detail.
- Ability to project manage multiple requests at the same time.
- Ability to work under pressure while handling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully with a wide variety of personalities
- Bachelor’s degree required and 2-4 years of media experience preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with syndicated research tools like MRI, ComScore, Nielsen