Time Inc. UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 50+ influential brands including TIME, FORTUNE, INSTYLE, NME and COUNTRY LIFE.
About the job
A rare opportunity to join the UK’s leading weekly shooting magazine has arisen at Time Inc UK.
As deputy editor you will oversee the production of the magazine, ensuring smooth running from conception through to going to press. You will:
- Commission, brief and liaise with contributors
- Set out weekly copy deadlines and manage accordingly within the Shooting Times team as well as advertising, marketing and production departments
- Work with the chief and deputy sub-editor to ensure the subbing and production of all content follows house style, is consistent throughout, and copy is factually accurate and legally compliant
You will deputise for the editor on all editorial matters and work together to scrutinise and improve the content of the magazine.
You won’t be confined to the office; you will cover stories and contribute your own content as well as representing the magazine at game fairs and rural events.
The most important requirements are a love and deep knowledge of shooting and field sports along with experience of producing great written content. Beyond that, the following would be strongly beneficial:
- Knowledge of and a history of participation in field sports
- Proven journalistic experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Senior editorial and management experience
- Excellent feature editing and sub-editing skills
- Attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure and to deadline
- Confidence editing pages in In Design
- Experience of managing editorial production (knowledge of editorial production systems Emagine, DeskNet and PO commissioning is desirable though not essential)
- Proficient budget management skills
- Expertise in and ideas to increase reader engagement
- Digital and social media skills