Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform, The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio, and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The job: Sr. QA Engineer
Responsibilities: • Review and execute testing for Brands sites via web browsers and mobile device (IOS / Android) according to functional specifications and product requirement.
• Work collaboratively with Product managers and developers to ensure continuous successful and high quality projects release.
• Take on quality initiatives and testing assignments under guidance of QA Manager.
• Write and maintain test plans, test scenarios and test cases based on specifications and requirements for complex software projects.
• Participate in functional testing, smoke testing, Black box testing and Regression testing.
• Develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts via Selenium framework.
• Identify, communicate, and document discrepancies encountered during testing. Create, review and update software defects in defect tracking database.
• Participate in Production Support activities - research/troubleshoot issues identified in production. Replicate issues in QA environment as well as communicate resolutions and workarounds.
Minimum 5+ years of software quality assurance experience.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering related field or equivalent experience.
Experience with Web Service applications testing. Experience with SDLC and Agile test methodologies.
Experience with software defect tracking software such as Jira, Fogbugz or equivalent.
Experience with SQL Query and Java Programming language.
Ability to adapt to changes in product development as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision. Strong sense of responsibilities and quality focus.
High attention to detail with solid analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Experience working with remote teams.
Hands-on experience in developing, executing and debugging with Automation test tools a big plus, such as Selenium, HP UFT or similar automated test tools.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.