Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Learning @ Time Inc. is a progressive, collaborative team that connects media people to new skills, ideas and one another. Key learning programs include Managing @ Time Inc., a leadership development program, orientation and new hire reception, a roster of sales training, digital skills workshops and leadership events.
Part organizational mastermind and part social coordinator, the Assistant, Learning & Development, will coordinate the day to day operations of a small and mighty team with diverse expertise in events, design and content. This position is a key role for a recent grad interested in teaching, instructional design, content, events or branding. The ideal candidate is an energetic, detailed learner who can flex their administrative muscle to build efficieny and support a dynamic culture of learning at a company of curious, bright minds.
- Manage invite lists for all learning events, workshops and programs
- Update Learning & Development analytics report
- Deploy feedback reports and surveys
- Work with Splashthat, our RSVP tool, to track event attendance
- Coordinate technical and room setup with audiovisual and catering
- Schedule remote connections for outside offices
- Update and deliver orientation to all Time Inc. new hires
- Manage team workflow in Basecamp, a social project management tool
- Handle all vendor setup, billing and payments
- Submit and track monthly expenses
- Assist with social posts for @TimeIncCareers on Instagram and Twitter and the Time Inc. LinkedIn account
- Use Photoshop and InDesign to assist with email template design and photo editing
- A flexible, open approach to work. You thrive building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on any and all tasks with zero ego, learning what you love – and crushing it.
- An obsession with details. Typo? Where? What? Not you. You’re obsessed with noticing the details that contribute to success, whether you’re drafting an email, pulling a report, creating an event registration page or making sure the setup of an event feels right. You tune in to how the parts affect the whole and how small details contribute to a successful experience.
- Experience working quickly. You thrive moving a million miles a minute. You’ve worked in a part time role or internship where you had to turn in work on tight deadlines in an environment focused on quality.
- Grace under pressure. You’re comfortable with balancing acts, managing multiple executive schedules and projects with tact and enthusiasm. You have zero ego; entering each project with an open mind and a series of good, thoughtful questions that gather you the information you need to be successful.
- An x-factor. You have prior experience in a part time role or internship where you focused on event planning, sales, customer service, journalism, social media, teaching or something else entirely. We’re less impressed by the ‘what’ and more by the ‘how.’ When we invite you in for an interview, you won’t rattle off brand names where you had a role. Instead, you’ll focus on detailing projects you contributed to in a way only you could.