Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Time Inc IT team is part of Time Inc’s remote IT services team and is the front end team providing local IT support to Time Inc employees in Bangalore. The Local IT & Desktop Support Engineer would be a key member of this team and would be responsible for providing world class IT & desktop support to Time Inc India employees. He/She will be report locally to the Senior Manager and will work closely with the Head of Remote IT Service team based in New York.
- Provide help-desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the service now.
- Should support a culturally diverse and creative environment providing multi-platform support with the focus on both Apple Macintosh and Windows platforms.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Deal with complex issues, incidents and problems and resolve them quickly.
- Carry out Incident Management and telephone support duties and meet set targets.
- Install, Upgrade, Support and troubleshoot Windows and Microsoft Office and any other authorized applications.
- Troubleshoot laptop, desktop and Mac systems issues.
- Configuring and imaging for new laptops, desktops, and Mac systems
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Responsible for performance of tuning hardware upgrades, as required.
- Coordinate and communicate to IT Manager.
- Responsible for creation of domain accounts.
- Configuring and Managing Apple devices, Blackberry devices
- Readiness to work in shifts and on weekends.
- Responsibility for day-to-day IT support operations offered to Time Inc. employees.
- Configuring and troubleshooting hardware Device and Drivers.( HP,Dell, Lenovo )
- Installation of Microsoft Windows ( 7 & 8),Mac OS, and Office applications
- Should have good knowledge about Dell/HP/Lenovo Laptops/Desktops and Mac OS
- Should have good knowledge in configuring in e-mail Client (Outlook)
- Should have basic experience in Network Connectivity (LAN Issues)
- Should have good knowledge on IP Phones (Avaya) and Polycom devices.
Qualifications & Experience
- E/B.Tech in Electronics/Computer Science
- 3-5 years of support experience of HP and Dell technology, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office 365, Apple Macintosh OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce and other technologies in a creative environment
- Support experience of current mobile and tablet technologies.
- Certifications in Hardware and Apple Certified.
- MSCE, CCNA will be an added advantage.
Other Skills Required
- Must be able to work independently.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly ambitious
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Excellent teamwork and people skills