Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The job: Sr. Software Engineer | eCommerce
Time Inc. Engineering, Consumer Market Engineering
Time Inc. is one of the largest branded media companies in the world. The company reaches more than 130 million people globally each month across multiple platforms, with influential brands like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple, Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine, and Wallpaper. Time Inc. is seeking talented, innovative Software Engineers to join the Consumer Market Engineering team. The team’s mission is to support Business Development & Partnerships by enabling them to introduce new products/services and generate new revenue opportunities across all Time Inc. brands.
You are responsible for the design and implementation of software that would enable Business Development & Partnerships to rapidly develop and deploy new Time Inc products and services.
We are looking for a highly skilled software engineer who has a proven track record and takes pride in bringing high-quality software product quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies, and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment
- Work closely with engineers developing web experiences for high-visibility, fast-moving initiatives
- Implement new services, APIs, and operational monitoring functions
- Own production services, investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Provide thorough and readable documentation for all services
- Participate in technical mentorship with engineers on the team by performing thorough code reviews, pairing, and ad hoc reviews of proposed solutions
- Work with other teams across the company to share and establish best practices.
- Are passionate about code quality and lead by example to produce high quality, complex services and applications under tight timelines
- Are passionate about test driven development and extensive test coverage
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years building applications deployed on AWS and the process to manage large data sets
- Demonstrated deep understanding of REST, service architecture, monitoring, and the tenants of horizontal scalability
- Experience developing complex and highly available services running in a production environment
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented and functional software design patterns
- Proven experience developing and owning production services and applications deployed in
- AWS leveraging continuous integration and codified infrastructure
- Extensive experience using Java, Tomcat, and Docker containers
- Knowledge of testing frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to translate user stories into technical tasks
- Ability to estimate effort effectively
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills