Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom.
Sports Illustrated Play (SI Play) is a Sports Technology company that has a simple yet ambitious goal: to serve the vast market of amateur and youth sports leveraging innovative technology and the Sports Illustrated Brand. This is where every major athlete starts their career, and two out of three players say it’s the most important thing they do.
SI Play is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider of online registration, web CMS, eCommerce, and coach and volunteer background checking solutions for more than 8,000 sports organizations throughout the United States and Canada. Our sales and service operations are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, NY.
As a stand-alone subsidiary of Time Inc., one of the country’s largest and most iconic media companies, SI Play is a rare blend of being a fast-paced, entrepreneurial venture with the support and reach of its affiliation with a major company.
The SaaS Sales Manager, SI Play, is responsible for the overall success of their territory consisting usually of a few states. This role works from home or at a Time Inc or SI Play office is nearby. Travel is required and could be up to 40%.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, outbound focused, have a passion for youth sports. A proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology is a plus, but prior sales experience is a must. Must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles and customer issues through creative and adaptive approaches.
Applicants with prior experience in sales for internet service businesses or ASP’s would be well suited for success in this position. Again experience with youth sports and an overall passion for sports is must.
- Attain monthly revenue targets
- Drive new business in the territory
- Have a heavy outbound focus to drive new sales with leagues
- Work in collaboration with their Regional Sales Manager, Technical Sales Support, Marketing and Business Development to build and maintain their business
- Sell all products within the Sports Illustrated Play portfolio => registration, web creator, background checks, SI Play app, & credit card processing
- Work in conjunction with their Regional sales team to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager and Technical Sales Support to make sure the technical and commercial needs of the customer are met.
- Help Marketing build & support programs and campaigns to drive business both to existing and new potential customers.
- Be able to close new business effectively
- Prospect on a daily basis
- Travel and meet with customers at their location/events
- Provide presentations (including customized demos) to customers and partners
- Understand and document customer requirements and establish company’s product as the best solution that addresses that need
- Provide general help to internal and external customers and partners
- Provide excellent customer service
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of experience in account management, prospecting, cold calling, & sales presentations, preferably software sales in the Sports industry
- Sports industry knowledge and passion
- Prior experience in prospecting, cold calling and in heavy outbound role
- Self-motivation and able to work in highly accountable sales environment
- A proven track record in sales and knowledge of technology
- Ability to be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Strong presentation skills and are able to communicate professionally. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles and customer issues through creative and adaptive approaches.