Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Candidate will be part of a team supporting databases for mission-critical Time Inc. applications. Candidate must be willing to provide on-call support for the systems. Additionally, candidate may have to work weekends or late nights on occasion to turnover new releases or apply patches.
Candidate will be responsible for administering multiple complex 24x7 production systems in addition to multi-server development and testing environments. Candidate will also have other responsibilities for creating tools, processes and implementing 3rd party tools to ensure the database system's effectiveness, reliability, availability, and recover-ability.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 4+ year’s hands-on experience in database administration of Oracle
- RAC experience required.
- 11g experience required.
- RMAN experience required.
- Dataguard experience required.
- Clusterware/Grid Infrastructure experience required.
- ASM & Flashback experience required.
- OEM Grid Control experience required.
- Installation of new databases and patching of existing databases required.
- PL/SQL tuning.
- Production Support required
- Shell and PERL scripting is .
- Administration and configuration of Linux, with respect to Oracle RAC/Sybase/MySQL installations, is .
- MySQL Database Administration knowledge is . MySQL Replication experience is also a plus.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 – 2008 Administration (and SQL Server Reporting Services) is a plus.
- Hadoop & HBase Administration knowledge is also a plus, including any supporting technologies such as Hive, Impala, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, etc.
- Experience working in an Amazon AWS cloud environment and knowledge of EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Security is also a plus.
- Experience with any of Solr, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4J is also a plus.