Time Inc UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 60+ influential brands including Time, Fortune, InStyle, NME and Country Life.
- Working with the Deputy Chief Sub and Chief Subs to deliver subbed content across multiple brands for print, digital platforms and brands extensions
- Working with the Deputy Chief Sub to provide timely and quality services to the multiple brands across print and digital
- Subs, fact checks and rewrites copy across all brands and platforms
- Understands the brand values and strategy as defined by the Brand Group and their senior editorial team
- Follows best practice in Editorial Transformation software
- Works with the Deputy Chief Sub and Chief Subs to deliver against targets.
- Agrees and owns personal targets with Deputy Chief Sub and Chief Subs.
- Prioritises work in order to meet brand requirements.
- Responsible for each subbing task from its defined start to its defined finish including:
- Fitting copy and rewrites as necessary
- Maintaining house style
- Researching/checking accuracy and legality
- Generating content as and when requires
- Liaising with other departments
- Taking in proof and other corrections as necessary
- Ensuring layout is ready to art final
- Engenders a collaborative working environment between the team, brands and internal departments
- Is proactive in solving problems or facilitating the solving of problems with brand content, be they short term (problem with specific piece of content) or longer term (recurring problem with content)
- Is aware of the ‘bigger picture’ outside of individual subbing tasks, including overall strategy and brand values
- Participates in process of ongoing performance improvement
You should have:
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent subbing and writing skills
- Knowledge of print and digital production process
- Understanding of brand values and voice
- Knowledge of potential legal issues facing brands