About Time Customer Service, Inc (TCS)
ROLLING STONE. PEOPLE. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC. FORTUNE. TCS helps deliver some of the most prestigious and widely read publications in the world. And we do it through world-class customer service, order fulfillment and subscription renewal services. Our highly trained team of specialists oversees every detail of distribution and subscription management, from high-speed ordering and payment processing to mailing and 360-degree marketing. Today’s consumer has access to information, news and entertainment like never before. Whether our customers choose to receive their Time Inc. content by magazine, book, digital download, web, video or any of the other many channels available today, it’s our job to make sure they’re always connected to their favorite brands.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the support and maintenance of critical business applications as wells as the analysis, design, development, integration, and timely delivery of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Have a strong technical foundation.
- Be able to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Recognize automation opportunities for manual processes and bring them to fruition.
- Be driven by improving quality, lowering costs, and increasing productivity.
- Have an appreciation for process and controls and the discipline to adhere to governance.
- Work well with a diverse and globally distributed team.
- Be self-starter who can deliver high results with minimal direct supervision.
In this role, you will be responsible for taking ownership of a variety of applications that support Time Customer Service’s Outbound Mailing Operation which manufactures and mails more than 370,000,000 pieces of mail and ships more than 2,000,000 million premiums annually.
- Developing new applications, interfaces, and enhancements.
- Working with operational leads to gather project objectives and document requirements.
- Analyzing systems and creating technical design documentation.
- Working as part of a globally distributed Agile team that shares in providing application support, maintenance, and new functionality around the clock.
- Ensuring systems are available for the business regardless of the time of day or night.
- Providing quality assurance to ensure that software defects are corrected before being introduced to the business.
- Proficiency writing client-server and web-based .NET applications in either Visual Basic or C#.
- Strong SQL / relational database programming skills
- Demonstrated ability to create reports and dashboards using Visual Studio.
- Experience using Git or another Distributed Version Control System (DVCS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio).
- Proficiency with Office 365 (Outlook, SKYPE for business, Planner, and SharePoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related degree
- MBA degree desirable
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it.
- Proven: You’re a results-oriented multi-tasker who loves a challenge. You’re able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and think independently. You have a personal commitment to complete a project with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through. You see that all assignments are completed correctly and uphold department and company standards.
- Communicative: Whether written or orally, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Your interactions with clients and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.