Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
- 4+ years of hands-on Database Administrator experience with MS SQL Server (2008 and above).
- And/or43+ years of hands-on Database Administrator experience with Sybase ASE (15) & Replication Server.
- Database administration experience includes but is not limited to installation, upgrade, patching, backup and recovery, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and supporting development life cycle.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and/or Sybase high availability, replication and disaster recovery technologies.
- Windows and/or Linux experience including scripting for the automation and streamlining of day-to-day database administration and monitoring.
- Familiar with MS SQL Server and/or Sybase tools.
- Database security experience with database security standards policy, secure database configuration, enforcement, monitoring, and auditing process.
- Willing to be on-call and work off-hours to support production problems and system upgrade.
- Work closely and collaboratively in an agile environment with our Infrastructure and Development teams to analyze issues.
- Strong desire to learn and support other database technologies.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal). Excellent problem solving skills. Works well under pressure.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Other DBMS skills such as Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Greenplum are a plus.
- Experience in Amazon AWS and AWS technologies such as RDS, Redshift, EMR, EC2, IAM, S3, Lambda, Data Pipeline, etc. are a strong plus.