Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Who we are:
- With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
Why you should work with us:
- Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and learning sessions to help you thrive. At Bizrate Insights, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
What we look for in our Engineers:
- Have Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You are excited to work with a modern front-end stack, but you have demonstrable experience with a diverse pool of technologies.
- Be a team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Have an ability to make an impact. You will work on a product that is collecting over 25 million surveys annually. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Never stop Learning. Exposure to latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and training sessions; attending tech conferences.
- Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Write great code. You care about writing good code, design, performance and an outstanding user experience.
- Build scalable Java web applications that support millions of requests per day
- Utilize streamlined development and deployment processes that empower engineers to drive features to production
- Work alongside other talented technologists to influence design and architecture
- Build high throughput, low latency web services
- Use open source technologies like Java, Maven, Tomcat, Spring, and Spark
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with distributed systems in a service based architecture
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift)
- Insatiable desire to solve hard problems in a collaborative, fast paced, Agile team environment
- S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)