Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Synapse Group, Inc. is an affinity marketing company that leverages powerful brands to deliver customized solutions to achieve our clients’ marketing objectives. We have the best of both worlds: the power of our parent company, Time Inc. (creator of brands like PEOPLE, In Style, and Sports Illustrated), along with the benefits of a small company where you’ll work with smart, driven, and fun people.
Synapse, based in Stamford, Connecticut was twice named to the list of the top 25 “Best Medium Sized Companies to Work for in America.”
The Program Manager is a key strategic role supporting the Business and Technology functions within the organization. Through close working relationships with stakeholders you will get hands-on knowledge and experience throughout the Initiating, Planning, Executing, Control and Monitoring and Closing functions related to small and large-scale initiatives. You will be afforded flexibility in the project methodology you use to achieve business results – waterfall, agile, or a combination of both – and be empowered to continually improve the engagement touchpoints throughout the project lifecycle.
- Create strong partnership with various internal and external stakeholders (business, technical, vendor, consultant)
- Act as the point person for everything relating to the timelines and scope of projects being managed, including coordination of project deliverables across multiple delivery teams, and be accountable to stakeholders when they have questions and requests.
- Collaborate with your peers to vet project needs, assess scope and timeframe, and execute on necessary steps to achieve a successful implementation
- Understand priority, business relevance, and implications with project requests
- Be responsible for communication, including status reporting, risk management, escalating appropriate levels of concern when warranted and proactively identifying options for resolution, and in general, make sure the project is delivered on schedule, and within scope.
- Be accountable for project outcomes and be empowered to manage and lead in a way that encourages team accountability, inspires commitment, and celebrates results.
- Work within agile / scrum methodologies to move projects from kickoff to completion, and manage iteration cycles
- Prioritize competing technology projects within a group based on business need.
- Schedule team meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
- Ensure action items are properly assigned with appropriate due dates.
- Maintain a high attention to detail and perform excellent follow through
Innovative– You have a strong creative mind and the new and unknown is exciting to you. You are comfortable filing any gaps with minimal supervision and direction.
Analytical – you are a fanatical truth seeker and problem solver that uses data to form an opinion and, more importantly, you change your opinion when new results lead you to a different outcome.
Organized - will drive the business and technical requirements, development and release activities related to new products, including internal communications.
Versatile – able to wear multiple simultaneous hats and engage from start to finish on a project; whether it be requirements gathering, crafting a business case, estimating scope and effort, project prioritization and planning, resource management, testing… you see each component as a learning opportunity, ever ready to jump in and make sure the project gets delivered.
Experienced – hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years’ relevant experience, demonstrate proficiency running projects/programs of various sizes, knowledgeable in working with a globally distributed team, ideally hold a PMP or CAPM certification
Well versed – with strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent problem solving and analytical abilities, and solid understanding of project management theory and its application to real-world business challenges
A Team Player – able to work in a team environment with limited direction
Dedicated – with a demonstrated skill and passion for delivery excellence