Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The Manager, Media Operations and Technology within Consumer Marketing will be responsible for the development and execution of all multichannel media ad campaigns. S/he should be the go-to expert in all ad-related technical issues with great expertise on internet technology, 3rd party ad serving (all channels), measurement tags, campaign configuration, ad brand safety, viewability, and front end data. Additionally, this person will be responsible for keeping up-to-date with and evaluating new technologies, while using them to create and shape media campaign implementation and optimization strategies. We are looking for process-driven innovators with a passion for technology and a knack for working across teams, brands, and capabilities.
As part of a centralized Digital Marketing team, s/he will partner closely with individual brand/magazine title marketing teams to help reach their goals.
This is an opportunity to shape and transform the digital media operations for continued growth.
- Responsible for campaign implementation
- Drive the discussions and development of back-end technology for campaigns
- Lead and advise internal teams regarding advanced media technologies
- Evaluate new technology and new vendors against current infrastructure
- Able to own and independently manage advanced technologies within campaigns
- Participating in strategic technology discussions
- Serve as a resource for ad tech tool questions and trainings outside of Media team expertise
- Able to articulate all levels of technology to a variety of roles (from peers to managers) with different perspectives
- Gain understanding of past scope, and evaluate and recommend new approaches to scoping the work
- Manages technology deliverables and communications specs, program details and deadlines
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- 2-3 years of experience in Digital Media Operations, Digital Ad Ops, Digital trafficking.
- Expert-level understanding of DCM ad serving
- Experience with Programmatic & digital technology landscape (DMPs, DSPs, ad servers, tag management tools, site-side analytics, attribution models)
- Understanding of third-party ad tags (HTML5, VAST, VPAID)
- Experience with investigation tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Fiddler/Charles proxies, Web Developer Tools)
- Solid foundation of back-end tagging, including advanced custom floodlight variables, custom reports etc.
- Strong analytical skill set, capable of analyzing and reacting to digital performance data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, combined with the ability to collaborate across functions
- Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently within a high-paced changing environment
- Troubleshoot tracking pixels across platforms
- Working knowledge of CRM metrics pertaining to customer lifetime value, customer acquisition costs, retention, etc.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about existing and emerging digital media and ad products