About Time Customer Service, Inc (TCS)
Rolling Stone. People. National Geographic. Fortune. TCS helps deliver some of the most prestigious and widely read publications in the world. And we do it through world-class customer service, order fulfillment and subscription renewal services. Our highly trained team of specialists oversees every detail of distribution and subscription management, from high-speed ordering and payment processing to mailing and 360-degree marketing. Today’s consumer has access to information, news and entertainment like never before. Whether our customers choose to receive their Time Inc. content by magazine, book, digital download, web, video or any of the other many channels available today, it’s our job to make sure they’re always connected to their favorite brands.
The Technical Program Manager drives technical projects (needle moving, regulatory, and strategic), from initiation to closing on schedule and on budget. The successful candidate will:
- Bridges diverse technical and functional teams to bring highly complex technical solutions to fruition.
- Be a servant leader who helps the team achieve strong performance.
- Leads projects in a distributed global environment and delivers measurable results.
- Thrives in a dynamic culture where change is constant and inspires others to do the same.
- Have an appreciation for process and controls and the discipline to adhere to governance required of financial systems.
- Leverages a wealth of technical, process, and fulfillment experience and has the open-mindedness to learn new ways to do things as well as the passion to continually improve.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the implementation of highly complex changes and new functionality to enterprise financial and reporting systems.
- Proactively working with the business to fully understand their needs and setting forth a course of action to exceed their expectations.
- Creating effective and achievable project management plans encompassing scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, communication, resource and risk management.
- Works with the business to help create and document actionable use cases.
- Continuously engaging all team members to ensure highest value activities are being worked on first and project milestones are being delivered on time.
- Monitoring, controlling and reporting on the health of projects.
- Ensuring issues are being escalated appropriately and followed up on.
- Regularly meeting with clients to discuss issues, opportunities, and commitments.
- Providing communication of technical issues to non-technical people.
- Motivating project team and building rapport with clients.
- Holding team members accountable when appropriate and realigning on expectations.
- Performing quality assurance activities such as functional and usability testing.
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple large, complex projects leveraging matrixed teams.
- 5+ years of experience managing technical software programs.
- 3+ years of experience with financial software systems
- 3+ years of experience working on mainframe systems desired.
- PMP Certification a plus but not required.
- Experience working with SOX regulated systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with all levels of employees.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio).
- Proficiency with Office 365 (Outlook, SKYPE for business, Planner, and SharePoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related degree
- MBA degree desirable
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it. You’re energized by working in the start-up atmosphere of the new Time Inc. International, a dynamic new digitally-led company-within-a-company.
- Proven: Yes, you love to roll up your sleeves and work in a new, uncertain environment. That said, you’re not unfamiliar with working in or with large organizations, leading projects to completion with your strong analytics and financial modeling skills. You have an MBA from a top business school, a familiarity and deep enthusiasm for the media industry and an English and Chinese-language fluency.
- Communicative: Peers, bosses and direct reports flock to you for your dynamism and clarity. Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re delivering a presentation to shape the strategic direction of an investment, hosting a meeting or sending a simple email.