Position: Associate Marketing Manager, Donor and Cross Sell
Time Inc. is one of the largest branded media companies in the world. The company reaches more than 130 million people globally each month across multiple platforms, with influential brands like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple, Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine, and Wallpaper.
Time Inc. is home to celebrated events and franchises including the Fortune 500, Time 100, People's Most Beautiful, Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year, Essence Festival in New Orleans and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Time Consumer Marketing + Revenue, the industry leader, develops, retains and grows our audience across all of our world-class brands and platforms. Specifically, the consumer marketing group is responsible for consumer revenues and profits of all magazines, websites and digital products at Time Inc., as well as driving audiences, which directly impacts our relationship with advertisers. The group creates compelling marketing campaigns that keep our readers engaged with our brands and develops exciting partnership opportunities with external companies and agencies to help drive traffic.
The Associate Marketing Manager, Donor and Cross Sell, will manage strategic initiatives and day-to-day activities to acquire and renew gift subscriptions across multiple brands, as well as cross-sell new products to existing subscribers. Optimizing our Customer Service phone program with a goal of driving incremental revenue will be a priority.
This is an ideal role for an energetic, strategic mind whose love of numbers is equal to their creative approach to projects.
- Manage day-to-day activities for gift and cross-sell programs across all platforms, including creative development, consumer segmentation and fulfillment operations
- Analyze direct-to-consumer marketing efforts, optimizing response rates, profitability, communication, and engagement, to meet divisional goals
- Manage gift subscription marketing budget and financial reporting, including monthly expense reconciliations and re-forecasting
- Optimize the customer service phone channel and manage strategy and day-to-day activities for cross-sell and upsell programs across all 20+ Time Inc. brands
- Improve subscriber communication, creating targeted messaging and segments, to grow subscribers and Time Inc.’s share of wallet
- Analyze call center performance and gift subscription marketing efforts, optimizing response rates, profitability, and communication, to meet divisional goals
- Marketing lead for phone channel IVR optimization; partner with call center leads to develop enhanced cancel/save program and rep training program and call monitoring
- Conduct regular response rate analysis to inform revenue forecasting
- Provide monthly updates to various levels of management
- Partner with production, promotion, operations and fulfillment, finance and email teams
- Analytics-obsessed: You’re a connector of dots. People know you as the go-to Excel whisperer. You’re able to look at a massive spreadsheet and unpack it for truth, using your exceptionally strong analytical and quantitative skills to guide teams on impactful decisions.
- Right and left-brained: You are deeply focused, approaching projects with both a sharp, analytical mind and a creative touch. You think strategically and creatively about new ways to approach a project, drawing key insights from data to create the best marketing solution for your brand in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Communicative: Grace under pressure. That’s what you have. You’re indispensable to bosses and teammates for your calm, direct approach to communication – whether you’re giving a presentation, drafting an email or having a one-on-one conversation.
- Fast-paced collaborative: You’re a team player with strong project management and leadership skills, working with an eagle eye for detail and a contagious energy. You run to – not from – a challenge, managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Proven: You have at least three years of direct marketing experience with a BA or equivalent. Prior call center sales experience a plus.