Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
About Consumer Marketing:
Time Inc. is one of the world’s most influential media companies, home to iconic brands like People, Sports Illustrated, Time, Food & Wine, Travel & Leisure, Fortune, Real Simple and Entertainment Weekly (among many others). In total, Time Inc. brands touch nearly ½ of all households in the United States. The company is already rapidly evolving from being the world’s leading print publisher to a print + digital media powerhouse. Additionally, Time Inc. is looking to leverage these iconic brands and further accelerate this evolution by introducing new consumer products/services that will deepen our customer relationships and drive transformative growth in the future.
Time Inc. Consumer Marketing is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, data-driven marketer to lead a very exciting opportunity on a relatively new team called Consumer Market Development (CMD) that focuses on developing new consumer products and services opportunities across all Time Inc. brands. This team is responsible for 1) supporting and driving new product ideation and business model/plan development and 2) owning live test and pre-launch marketing for new product concepts. The CMD team is a dynamic team that is already highly respected at Time Inc. and acts like an internal innovation lab/idea accelerator.
The Senior Director of New Product Development Marketing will lead the test/pre-launch marketing team and report to the Senior Vice President of Consumer Market Development and Strategic Partnerships. The expectation for the Senior Director is someone who can not only drive all test marketing strategy (including creative) for all of the priority initiatives in the pipeline, but be able to effectively communicate those plans and results to Time Inc. Executive Leadership.
- Develop test marketing plans for new product/service ideas in the pipeline and then pre-launch marketing plans for ideas that pass required performance hurdles
- Manage and prioritize a team of 4 marketers to ensure creative, timely and robust analytic assessments marketing tests, usually managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Present plans and results to senior leadership on a regular basis
- Work across the organization and brand teams to most effectively develop ideas and gain internal support for key opportunities
- Report to Senior Vice President, Consumer Market Development
- 10+ years of work experience, primarily focused on direct to consumer marketing activities across all channels, with a strong focus on Digital marketing skills – Social, Search, Influencer
- Prior marketing experience with subscription based services is a key requirement
- Marketing experience where robust analytics were critical is also a key requirement, as all market testing becomes a core input into new product P&Ls and investment approval process
- Innovation/entrepreneurial experience also highly valued
- Media/publishing experience a plus, but not a requirement
- MBA a plus, but not a requirement
- Ability to lead outside and internal creative agencies
- Ability to work across organizations and build highly productive working relationships
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and realistically
- Strong analytical skills, based on significant prior work experience demanding these skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple initiatives in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, demonstrated with senior management at leading companies